Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

She hates the bath.

tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Two weeks ago, out of nowhere Laney went from loving the bath to hating it. There were no bad experiences, boo boos or rashes. Then, we started bathing her in the sink and she loved it...for a week. She screams at the top of her lungs...it is unbearable....then giggles when we wrap her in a towel and get her dressed.

Any thoughts on what we can do to make it better? We have toys that we cycle through. The bath usually lasts 2 min whereas before she would usually play for 15 min or so.

Comments

• Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    We go through similar ups and downs ...... but I think it's because bath time is in the evening, when she's already at the end of her rope.
    If you have similar timing, I guess I would suggest an earlier bath ......?
    Also, every now and then I switch it up and we both shower together. She plays at the back of the tub with her toys while I shower (....and then it's her turn). Sometimes the change is interesting enough to keep her content until I can at least rinse the conditioner out of my hair : )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Kate and I have always bathed together and we both love it. She also takes a bath with Arden a lot so I know she is used to company! When she did go through a similar rough patch last year I actually bought this foamy Elmo soap (not something I would normally ever buy!). But she loved it and it lasted forever because it was such a special treat.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I was going to suggest bathing together too - when my kids went through anti-bath stages we would bathe together... sometimes Moosie (almost 9) will still ask me to join her for a bath!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Justin went through this phase this winter because our bathroom was chilly (it's on the corner of the house, and I've since switched from radiant heat system to baseboard heating to correct the problem). He also likes his water hotter than I would think a toddler would like it, and enjoys taking his trucks in the tub with him. He also is more receptive to staying in there if the water is running vs. me filling the tub ahead of time. Some nights he's very anti-bath and within a day I realize it's because he's coming down with a cold. But we're back to him loving it, so it was a short-lived issue for just a few months.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We haven't hit a consistent aversion to the bath, but sometimes he doesn't seem to enjoy them because he's tired like Shaeley Mae said.
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg