Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Three Month Post Placement Report

WillsmomWillsmom Posts: 40
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So for the first year home a licensed Social Worker needs to come to the house and see how Ty is adjusting. Last Friday was our three month appointment. We have the same Social Worker that did the home study so Will was familiar with her. We had talked about the meeting, the house was clean, the kids were clean, had to take a half day off of work and get the boys out of school early too. So in walks our SW and says hi to the boys - Will proceeds to go outside (and of course I can't be out there and in the house). Ty decides that it's the perfect time to turn on the radio and dance- then he goes to the closet (the one where the last minute clutter of course is hidden) and take everything out.

It went on like this for the entire hour and a half she was here, they wanted something to eat, to drink, they wanted to fight, you name it, they did it! But I have to say the best was when she said to Will "what do you think of Ty and being a big brother" and his answer....

"I wish we could just ship him back to Africa"

Really??? They are no different then any other siblings - best friends one day and enemies the next. So I was really looking forward to seeing this report that she wrote.

It came to me last night via e-mail, 5 pages of how great Ty looks, how adjusted he is, happy and how much he loves us as evident by his happy smiles and frequent hugs!! A perfect placement!! A Will's comment was chalked up as typical siblings!

Now we get to do it again in three months!

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    OMG I would have died when he made the comment about shipping him back! It is hilarious, but I'm sure it wasn't at the moment!
    So glad to hear he is doing so well.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    How funny!! I'm sure it was an awkward moment, and definitely one for the baby (big boy) book.
    Congrats on the official thumbs up and the love!!! : )
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I had to laugh out loud at big brothers comment...sorry, I'm sure in the moment you were horrified.
    Glad everyone is well though and things are as they should be...including the brotherly love thing. :-)
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    Hahaha!! Too funny!! I am glad things are going so well for your family!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I'm sure it was not so funyn when he said it, but Will's comment made me laugh our loud! What a typical sibling thing to say though, and I am so glad the SW saw it for what it is - brothers!!

Glad Ty is adjusting so well too... your house sounds totally typical and wonderful to me!!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Too funny, but very typical of siblings!! I'm also glad to see that the SW knew enough to see the truth. :)
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Thats hilarious! I'm sure it didnt seen funny at the time. Glad you have a good social worker.
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    That was too funny! Very happy the SW could see through the squabbles to the brotherly love!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Your posts always make me tear up. What a wonderful family you have made!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    So glad everything went well, and loved the big brother comment.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    I love reading your updates and seeing pics. DP and I are certain that we will adopt children. Your story inspires me! And your boys are precious (:
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    That's hilarious! I'm sure the SW saw the amusement in it as well. Glad to hear all is going well!
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    Thats hilarious. Kids are great for their honesty aren't they?
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • Options
    WillsmomWillsmom Posts: 40
    edited November -1
    Shanny - thanks so much! Ty has been such an amazing addition to our little family. I look at him and think of all he has been through in his 4 short years and can't believe how strong he is. I know personally if I had went through what he did I would still be sitting in a corner crying. English is his third language!

I am so blessed that I was able to adopt him, I have always wanted to adopt. It would have been nice to have been able to experience pregnancy again, but he needed us, so I feel like this was the way we were meant to add to our family.

And yes, thank goodness the Social Worker wasn't phased by Will's untimely comment! So funny because he would actually be the first person to protect his little brother, although I don't think he would admit that!

Thanks to you all for your kind words and words of support throughout our adoption process!