Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First ultrasound nerves....updated

minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
edited May 2011 in Pregnancy and Babies
The first ultrasound is unless than 3 hours and my stomach is in knots! I know they won't see much admits been just 5 weeks past my iui but I just hope they see "something" and I'm a little more reassured that things are growing where they are supposed to grow. Mom is going with me thank goodness because this I don't think I can do alone.

So yeah, the appointment was horrible. I had the worst PA and Ultrasound tech ever. They saw nothing. Not a blob, not a sac, nothing....

This doctors office is SURE that this is not a viable pregnancy. That being said...I'm up to 354 today. My progesterone is low but they aren't doing anything about it. Screw them...I am...I have a box of Crinone upstairs. If I can help even a little bit...I want to help. Oh let's add that they wouldn't know my progesterone level until I INSISTED THEY TAKE IT! Thankfully, my doctor is a little more sensitive and he called me tonight. He said he was in until 6 and was going to call me in the early evening but I wanted a phone call. Last time I was there I waited a damn hour for him...he can make someone else wait 10 minutes for me!

So here we are...pregnant until not...is it wrong that I would rather miscarry now as opposed to later on? If I'm going to lose the baby, I'd rather do it when I haven't seen anything....I haven't fallen in love with a blob on a screen with a little flickering heartbeat. I've only fallen in love with the thought of it.

Just so tired!
6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo

Comments

• Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    good luck!! they should at least see a sac but probably not too much more than that, so don't freak out if there's no heartbeat yet, ok?? sending you lots of hugs.

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    NikkidmNikkidm Posts: 77
    edited November -1
    Good luck today! I'm glad you'll have the support of your mom.
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    Good luck!! I remember the first US nerves!! Take a deep breath and just enjoy looking at your beautiful little tiny baby!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    bellybabybellybaby Posts: 150
    edited November -1
    ((((Hugs)))) I know how frightening the thought of the first u/s can be. I had my first U/S at 5 and 1/2 weeks and we weren't able to see the heartbeat, but were able to see a sac. Good luck! Just remember, you are pregnant, this isn't a dream. :-)
    A and L with our amazing superhero child, P.
    lm7Um6.png
    Praying this is our time.
    ttc.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    If you're 5 weeks past your IUI then you are 7 weeks pregnant! You should see a heartbeat. :)
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited May 2011
    mel wrote:
    If you're 5 weeks past your IUI then you are 7 weeks pregnant! You should see a heartbeat. :)

THIS EXACTLY!! :-)

I was scared and excited for every single ultrasound that I had. I think that alot of people get scared. Good Luck!!! Let us know how it went!!

You need to change your ticker!! ;-)
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
    edited November -1
    Good luck! I can't wait to hear the news of a perfect little sac sitting there!
    My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
    Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
    419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    They didn't see anything. Just waiting now to hear my blood levels. *sigh*
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Let me just say... there are a couple of things to keep in mind here. I know, 'cause I have been where you are.

5 weeks is VERY early. The difference between 5 week and 5.5 weeks is HUGE! I am trying to remember my first ultrasound, I think it was at 5 weeks even. Nothing. They did an ultrasound 2 days later, and there was a sac.

Also, like me... your bean was likely a "late implanter". It is reasonable to expect it to be behind by a few days.

I am remaining optomistic for you. I think it was just a tad too early.

: )
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    Thinking of you, Minnie...and like others have said, it is just really early to see anything. I was 5 wks 6 days and we saw a sac, but I was told there was a chance we wouldn't see anything yet. Hang in there and I know you're going to be a bundle of nerves until you can have another. Happy baby thoughts and prayers coming your way.
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Aww, sorry you didn't see anything this morning... *hugs* Like others said, it is still way early, and I bet your numbers are HUGE by now!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    *hugs* that's a VERY good point, at 5 weeks you might see a sac, but with the late implantation (only 10 days ago, right?) it's reasonable to not see much. you'd "technically" be almost a week behind, so only maybe 4-4.5 weeks.

I hope they do another scan!
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey ladies....thanks so much. I just got into work and am going to do my best to make it through the day today. I am 5 weeks past my LMP, 3 weeks past IUI so the 5 weeks is right.

I think the most difficult part was the fact that I didn't see my doctor today, I saw the PA and her statement to me first was "Well it's 5 weeks, we don't expect to see anything at 5 weeks" SERIOUSLY Then why freak me out?!?!?!?!?! Then she went on to say that my levels were not good...now I'd like to point out that currently I have a doubling time of 31 hours for the first 2 betas....How is that not good???? I asked her and she said "Oh, well the doubling is fine, but it's not high enough". I asked about progesterone and she said "Well I don't see what good that would do but I guess if you want to have it tested we can do that"....

I'm a very glass half full person (I think you guys know that) so the whole glass half empty attitude of the PA is just annoying as hell. I did have another beta drawn today and I'm going to wait to see the results of that before I flip out or really call this an end. I know way too many people who didn't start with a beta of 100 at 14 DPO (which is what they consider viable) and they have healthy babies or are nice and pregnant now.

Okay...done venting...Thank you ladies for being so wonderful!!!! I appreciate all of your comments and good thoughts :)

*HUGS* to all :)
  • Options
    BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    ABSOLUTELY! You are PREGNANT! No bleeding, no severe cramping, and with those beta numbers, I'd be thrilled! Medical professionals don't always realize that their comments can devastate a patient for no reason. Hang in there and hugs to you...I can't wait to hear your beta today. I bet it's going to shock you how high it is!
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Again... just a reminder. My beta at 15dpo was TEN. That was it! Of course it is always going to be on the "low" side, because it didn't start out with a high number... but mine has always doubled or more.

I have had weekly ultrasounds. There is a baby in there with arms and legs and everything.

You just never know!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you BabyBugs :) I hope it does. I really want to tell them all to eat their words!!!!!!
  • Options
    yfnryfnr Posts: 418
    edited November -1
    I have heard of a HUGE number of pregnancies result in a baby with a beta far less than 100!! I have my fingers crossed for you!!
    Jamie
    Mommy to Twins plus One - donor 733
    DSC08654_zps76947225.jpg
  • Options
    bellybabybellybaby Posts: 150
    edited November -1
    You're in my thoughts Minnie!! (((hugs)))
    A and L with our amazing superhero child, P.
    lm7Um6.png
    Praying this is our time.
    ttc.png
  • Options
    KTZKTZ Posts: 1,240
    edited November -1
    Minnie, you're pregnant. Just give it a little time. Sometimes Doctors and nurse actually don't know what the are talking about.

That ultrasound was waayyyy early.

((((hugs))))
    tt1254ac.aspx
    fFvYm8.png
  • Options
    JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    Oh well then if you are only 5 weeks then it is still early to see. With my twins, Ava was just a little sac and yolk stuff at 6 weeks while Evan had a heartbeat. At 7 weeks she was a little baby with a heartbeat. Sending lots of positive thoughts!!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Sending positive thoughts! Hang in there!
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I put in an update up above ladies. *HUGS* to all.
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Your numbers sound GREAT... don't be glum, you are pregnant hunny, enjoy it!!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!