Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

BFP with luteal phase defect

pale_greenpale_green Posts: 15
edited November -1 in BFP Database
*I'm re-posting my BFP info since my original username was inadvertently banned with the website upgrades and I'm afraid my info will disappear.*

I tracked my cycle (using OPK's and checking CP and CM) for one month prior to starting the TTC process. I started temping the same cycle we planned to TTC. We ordered 2 vials (one ICI and one IUI) and had them arrive on Thursday 11/4. I got my smiley Monday 11/8 at 5am. Monday afternoon, I came to the sudden realization that my luteal phase was only 8 days long. I was 90% convinced that there was no way my body would be able to conceive with such a short luteal phase, so I called my OB/GYN office that afternoon in a panic. They set me up with a consultation with the OB for that Friday 11/12.

We went ahead and inseminated the ICI vial Monday night (really Tuesday morning as it was 1:00am) at 20 hours past +OPK. We sucked up a little preseed, then the sperm, then a smidge more preseed. We inseminated with the tip of the syringe directly into the OS very slowly. Stayed with my hips elevated for 30 minutes or so, then rolled over and went to sleep. We sent the IUI vial back to NW.

Met with the OB that Friday and she agreed that I had a luteal phase defect. I was now 110% sure that our practice round hadn't worked....DP wasn't as convinced. I had blood work the following Tuesday 11/16 (7DPO) to test FSH/LH, fasting glucose, fasting insulin, prolactin, progesterone, and thyroid. Everything came back normal except my progesterone was 6 and what they said was "borderline low". They told me to call them next cycle to come back in at 7DPO to retest my progesterone and we'd move forward from there.

AF was due to arrive Thursday 11/18. Woke up Wed 11/17 with cramps and was convinced she'd be waiting for me when I went to the bathroom. False alarm. BFN @ 9DPO. Mild cramps on and off but still no sign of AF. Woke up again Thursday with cramps again and thought surely AF had arrived. Not so much! Same story Friday...BFN the morning of 10DPO. I was confused because I was sure that AF would arrive before I left work for the day, but nope! I tested again when I got home with 2 types of tests...one from NW and another that came with my internet cheapy OPK's (Wondfo brand). The internet cheapy showed an extremely faint line, but I disregarded it. It looked just like the faint line that I'd gotten on the OPK's, so I chalked it up to an evap line. Took three tests (NW, internet cheapie, and a random no-name test I had on hand) the next morning and all three of them had faint lines...the NW was the faintest, and the internet cheapy and random test were both a bit darker. We posted a picture of the NW and random test side by side and everyone on the forum said "a line is a line"....we had a BFP! I was shocked...could NOT believe it! DP said she had a good feeling about it all along but didn't want to say anything to jinx it.

I called the OB office first thing Monday (13DPO) morning and gave them the update. At first they didn't want to see me until mid-late December, but I explained the low progesterone to the receptionist and she transferred me to the nurse. They had me come in that day to draw blood to test HCG and progesterone. HCG was 133 and progesterone was 16. Had a repeat blood draw that Wed. (15DPO) and HCG was up to 299 and progesterone was 15.5.

We go in for our first exam and ultrasound on Tuesday, Dec. 14th. It still hasn't really sunk in yet, so I'm hoping the ultrasound makes this seem more real!

Comments