Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

21 days late?? WTF?

jbla64jbla64 Posts: 138
edited January 2012 in Trying to Conceive
I've been dying to ask you pros about this, but couldn't because the forum was down. I'm so excited it is back!! :)

My cycles are what I would consider to be "semi-regular." Since I began tracking my periods (a year and a half ago) my cycle has typically been between 32-35 days long. Every once in a while I'd get that weird cycle that was a little longer or shorter than normal, but for the most part it was stable. Since October my cycles have been delightfully short - between 26-29 days long. I attributed this to switching jobs and "syncing up" with the new women I work with. (Who knows if that is accurate or not? I certainly don't.) Anyhow, it's been nice. This month has been much different. I am now 21 days late for my period - I have not been more than 4 or 5 days late for a period since I was like 19 years old.

I am not doing anything differently - I'm eating pretty much the same things, I haven't gained or lost weight, and I'm not any more stressed than normal. At first I thought maybe my body was going back to my old, longer cycle, but we're kind of beyond that now. I'm still fairly young and have no history of any weird reproductive/fertility issues (myself nor the women in my family). What the heck? I hate the thought of going to the doctor over something so silly, so I thought I would seek advice here.

Sorry it is so long. Let me know what you think!

EDIT: I'm not pregnant. Probably should have added that. Haha
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    This sounds very similar to what happened to me while ttc Kate over 4 years ago. After 2 months of trying at home without success I went to my doctor, had day 3 bloodwork done and did the clomid challenge. After a couple more months on clomid and without success I had 2 ridiculously long cycles which my doctor then said was confirming a suspicion she had based on my day 3 labs that I have PCOS. We were able to treat it quickly with a steroid and increased clomid and I conceived shortly there after. I do have a mild case on no other outward symptoms. I thought that the 32-36 day cycles I was having were fine since they were pretty consistent but apparently that isn't always the case. I'd say it would definitely be worth seeing your doctor. If it doesn't show by the time you get in for an appt they can give you something to start it but if it comes before you get in make sure to call them to go in on day 3 for the labs even if you can't see the doctor by then. Then you won't have to wait a whole cycle again. Good luck!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Aahhh PCOS. I'll admit that don't know much about it, but from being on here a while, as well as a couple other TTC forums, I have been wondering if that could be a possibility. Just the sound of it sort of frightens me! Haha
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I felt the same way but like I said my case is pretty mild and was "easily" (easy to say now in hindsight) overcome to go on and have a healthy pregnancy! Keep us posted.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Shanny.
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    I know you said you feel silly abouy consulting your Dr., but I definitely would. Best case scenario, you've had some wonky cycles that are now evening out, and worst case scenario, it may be PCOS. I'm certainly no expert on the matter, but that is the first thing that pops into my mind. Don't be afraid if it is; many women go on to conceive who have PCOS; it is very treatable. If I put myself in your shoes, I would rather know so you can move forward. I think that seeing your Dr. may make you feel better.
    I'm sorry you are dealing with this; I know how stressful TTC can be, especially if you don't know if there may be something getting in your way. But, I think you'll be just fine and get everything worked out well. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    hey, you're back! sorry that it's with a question about worrying circumstances :(. i am not a pro at this by any means so would be very interested in hearing what your doctor says if you decide to ask her/him. i definitely don't think it's something silly!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Ms. Kate. And congratulations!!!!!

Yes, che_arami, I am back!! And I would like to be TTC again if only this f#!@ing cycle would regulate itself :D