Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Interested in contact from other families using our donor! (X-posted)

2145mama2145mama Posts: 12
edited February 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Hey! I have followed along on this forum for a year now and we are finally pregnant! Our donor is 2145 and we are looking for contact with others who are pregnant or have children through this donor. I am registered on NW's sibling registry, but wanted to put myself out there for anybody who isn't on the sibling registry.

I know many here are very private about their donor decision; I am also. I frequent the forum under another username. I do not want anyone to feel like they have to reveal their donor in this public forum, but if you have used 2145 and you feel comfortable with private contact, please PM me.

No pressure here. I just want to keep some ties to others whose kids share some genes with mine. Not looking for other families' kids to be raised as "siblings" to mine.

Think about it, and thanks!
My wife and I have a beautiful daughter by NW donor 2145, and we are interested in low-stress contact with other families who have children by him as well!

Comments

• Options
    HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
    edited November -1
    Just want to say hats off to you for being so bold when many of us (understandably) are not.

We did not use 2145 but I hope you find other families. I know that the contact we have with the other families of our donor is something we would not trade for anything!! It's an amazing bond, regardless of the reason for wanting the contact. Some of us are very close, on and off the forums, and some of us are only in contact once in a while but that bond is still there and it's awesome.

Best of luck to you, hun! :)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bumping for anyone who didn't see this before!
    My wife and I have a beautiful daughter by NW donor 2145, and we are interested in low-stress contact with other families who have children by him as well!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wanted to bump this thread up for anybody who used our donor # 2145! We'd love to be in some form of contact - there are also a few other families that we keep in touch with via Facebook. We're a really low-pressure group, and we'd love to know anybody else with babies by this donor. Thanks!

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to "out" yourself here on this thread.
  • Options
    HopefulVHopefulV Posts: 114
    edited November -1
    I honestly mean no disrespect to those of you who choose not to share your donor information. I'm just curious....why do you chose not to share that information? Is it for fear that everyone will buy up the sperm? I'm not trying to be smart, I'm genuinely just trying to understand....
    Achieved a pregnancy in 2009, miscarried at 9 weeks. Tried to conceive "normal way" until 4/2011, discovered that is not possible. DH sperm, doesn't swim.
    ICI #1 12/22/11 - Chemical PG ICI #2 6/14/12....BFN ICI #3 7/15/12...BFN Final ICI #4 8/11/12....BFN IUI #1 9/?.....

tt147444.aspx
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited June 2012
    1. This is a public forum that anyone can access.
    2. For us, it feels sacred and private.
    3. We're not interested in close contact with donor siblings (for now, at least).

I'm sure everyone has their own personal reasons. Sorry to contribute to the hijacking of this thread. :)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    HopefulVHopefulV Posts: 114
    edited November -1
    Sorry for hijacking as well...but thank you for answering me EMG
    Achieved a pregnancy in 2009, miscarried at 9 weeks. Tried to conceive "normal way" until 4/2011, discovered that is not possible. DH sperm, doesn't swim.
    ICI #1 12/22/11 - Chemical PG ICI #2 6/14/12....BFN ICI #3 7/15/12...BFN Final ICI #4 8/11/12....BFN IUI #1 9/?.....

tt147444.aspx