Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Interested in contact from other families using our donor! (X-posted)

2145mama2145mama Posts: 12
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hey! I have followed along on this forum for a year now and we are finally pregnant! Our donor is 2145 and we are looking for contact with others who are pregnant or have children through this donor. I am registered on NW's sibling registry, but wanted to put myself out there for anybody who isn't on the sibling registry.

I know many here are very private about their donor decision; I am also. I frequent the forum under another username. I do not want anyone to feel like they have to reveal their donor in this public forum, but if you have used 2145 and you feel comfortable with private contact, please PM me.

No pressure here. I just want to keep some ties to others whose kids share some genes with mine. Not looking for other families' kids to be "siblings" to mine.

Think about it, and thanks!
My wife and I have a beautiful daughter by NW donor 2145, and we are interested in low-stress contact with other families who have children by him as well!

Comments

• Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just wanted to say that I hope other families reach out to you. Through the forums, we connected with another family that used donor 439, and the relationship we have developed has been amazing. I would highly encourage anyone out there who may be on the fence about contacting other "sibling families" (the name that works for us) to do it! You could find yourself developing a wonderful friendship. :)

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    Didn't use your donor, but I wanted to second stwrr said. I enjoy contact with other donor sibling families. We are friends/share frequent updates with one family. I'm FB friends with another 2, and I've been contacted by email once by another. I know of one more, but they apparently do not want contact as they have not responded to anyone's invitation for contact. I love getting updates and photos of the kids. We see their similarities and differences. I'm excited for them and proud when the kids hit new milestones. I also think it will be good for the children when they are older to have someone they can truly relate to. I'm glad I changed my mind, because initially (before I got preggo) I didn't think I'd want any contact. It's been good for us!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wanted to thank you both for your responses! I love LOVE stories about successful relationships with "sibling families" (Thanks, stwrr!). I am hopeful that we can be in contact (in any capacity) with others who have children through 2145.

My mom found out she was adopted as an infant when she was 43 years old, and she's missing so much of her information about her family, I want to give my kids everything I can.
    My wife and I have a beautiful daughter by NW donor 2145, and we are interested in low-stress contact with other families who have children by him as well!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bumping for anybody who didn't see this before!
  • Options
    Bam&BoxBam&Box Posts: 34
    edited November -1
    I just ordered from this donor with plans to insem next week for the first time... if all goes well I'd be interested in contact with other parents who share this donor. I'll keep you posted!

age.png

207382_10150148542410678_683075677_6911618_928523_n-3.jpg308281_10150280140100678_683075677_8096556_350092_n-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wanted to bump this thread up for anybody who used our donor # 2145! We'd love to be in some form of contact - there are also a few other families that we keep in touch with via Facebook. We're a really low-pressure group, and we'd love to know anybody else with babies by this donor. Thanks!

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to "out" yourself here on this thread.