Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Third time this week...

LauranLauran Posts: 992
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
...I have had semi-regular menstrual type cramps. (They're also in my lower back.)

I had something similar happen at 31 weeks. They were two minutes apart for over two hours and finally went away with a hot shower.

It happened Monday, just for half an hour or so--again, a hot shower made them go away. Yesterday it went on most of the afternoon into the evening. On and off--they would go away for 30 minutes to an hour, then come back. They started again a little while ago, and are hard to time this time because they don't really go away--just get a little less intense, then stronger again.

I have my regular OB appointment Tuesday morning--the start of my weekly visits, and plan on having them check my cervix to see if there's any effacement/dilation going on. Last it was looked at was 31 weeks (a few days before those crampy contractions), and it was locked up tighter than Fort Knox.

I have a c-section scheduled for March 15, but I'm wondering if I'm going to make it that long. At my last appointment, I was told labor would not be stopped after 36 weeks.

Thoughts? Similar experiences?
8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can you correlate them with moments of stress? Or days when you've had less water to drink?
    You're so close now!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nope, I always have a drink in my hand, so I'm not dehydrated. As for stress--other than chasing a two year old boy around, I can't say I have much of that going on. The first time it happened was the middle of the night. I was laying in bed watching a movie & they just started out of nowhere. :)

Didn't have these with Cruz--I had Braxton Hicks, but not ever regular like this. When I was in labor with him, there was no mistaking it! This pregnancy has been so different from the get-go!

I'm not really worried about it--Baby should be fine, even if she comes in the next week or so. And I haven't lost my mucus plug--they're not strong enough to shake that loose. Just wondered if anyone else had them at such regular intervals before labor truly began.
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    FWIW, I was 3 cm dilated and my mucus plug didn't come out until I delivered, so you could be making progress. It's getting close!! I hope you go early if that's what you want!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Yes! On and off for almost a month before Ivy was born :(
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A month? Ok. I can deal with it...it's annoying but financially things will be better if she waits until 39 weeks!
  • Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    I thought I was in early labor more times that I can count in the last month of my pregnancy with M and also had tons of BH. With A I just had tons of Braxton Hicks and only thought I was in labor once before the real thing.
    Amanda also had a TON of false labor for a few weeks. It is one of the few reasons why she got induced 10 days early.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu