Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Temping and daylight savings time

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited March 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Hi. For all of you who do regular temping and BBT charting....

How does daylight savings time affect temping? Daylight savings time is this weekend, 3/11..

Do you temp at the same time ?

If I take my temp at 7:30am, when should I take it after daylight savings time when we "spring ahead"?

Do you think this will affect my chart? I use fertility friend website to plot my temps.

Thanks!
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................

Comments

• Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    if you take your temp at 7:30a, keep taking it at 7:30a :) I just made a note on my chart that it was daylight savings and left it at that. it shouldn't mess up your pattern... you're still temping after 6+ hours of sleep and it'd only be 1 hour "off", which isn't enough to worry about in my opinion.
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your answer friendamy :)
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    Kinda&SaraKinda&Sara Posts: 100
    edited November -1
    Although I temp pretty religiously I can't say I fully understand the science behind altering your BBT depending on time of day. It seems to me that as long as you are in a deep sleep before you temp (having slept at least 4 hours), your temp should be legit regardless of time of day. I wouldn't worry about daylight savings.
    saraandkinda-1.jpg
  • Options
    nwmomma2bnwmomma2b Posts: 51
    edited November -1
    Thanks for that info. I was wondering the same thing about the time change. K
    0duwm7.png
    HW91m7.png
    TTC #2 (with a KD): April 2012 BFN. NW: Feb 2014
    DD: 5 years (with a KD)