Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Please help... confused

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited March 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Hi... I just need some opinions...

I am on cd 11 today, 3/26/12.

I used clomid for the first time ever this cycle (days 5-9).

I check my cervix each morning except during af. For the past two days (cd 10 and cd 11) my cervix was high and kind of soft (I really don't know how to tell if it is open or closed just by feeling, and I do not have a speculum).

Tonight, cd 11, I noticed some clear stretchy cm (slightly stretchy maybe about 1/4 inch...sorry tmi) on toilet paper after peeing.

I did drink grapefruit juice on cd 10 and cd 11... (supposed to help with cm).

My cycles have been between 27 and 31 days (except for last cycle which was 41 days).
The earliest I have gotten a +opk in the last 6 months of checking was cd 13 (Latest was cd 18)

I did two opks today (am and this evening) and they were both totally negative - no fade in at all. I usually get one or two days of fade in positives before I get a full positive. But, being this is my first time on clomid, I don't know if clomid will change that.

So, I seem to have all good fertile signs, cervix high and soft, and some clear cm, a little stretchy...but OPK is totally negative on cd 10 and today, cd 11...

I was planning on having my swimmers arrive on CD 14 (this Thursday)...

QUESTIONS...

Should I have them delivered earlier...cd 13 (I am doing overnight shipping)...?

What do you think of the fertile signs I am getting, but still no +opk?

Do you think clomid will cause me to not have my usual fade in pattern on the opks?

Help... !!!! I need some advice from you great people!!!!

I am 39 yrs old... just as a reference.

Thanks all!
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................

Comments

• Options
    KKF13KKF13 Posts: 269
    edited November -1
    Hi precious gift- I don't know anything about clomid, but I just wanted to say good luck. I started taking vitex, which is an herbal supplement to help with fertility, and it caused me to ovulate 3 days early. I had to cancel my order for this month and save it for next. I know we both had long cycles last month, so I hope it works out for you this month.
    tt10f84e.aspx
  • Options
    LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited March 2012
    Precious gift, TTC can definitely put a toll on your body. Typically clomid should not make you O early, clomid is there to help you ovulate and keep things balanced out. When I ordered our sperm, I would always have it there up to 3 days earlier just to be on the safe side and so I would not stress that that tank/dewar would be late. CM can very from cycle to cycle depending on the foods you eat and the fluids you take.

If you are able to change your delivery I would just so you can relax

I wish you the best of luck!!!!!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    This was my first Clomid cycle too. My OPKs usually fade to dark in two days or more, but this cycle I went from a very faint line to a +OPK in 4 hours. And Clomid can delay 'O'. I think you should be ok with the timing of the dewar. Just relax and let the meds do all the work. Good luck!
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Thanks all for your answers so far. I am trying not to freak out. I really don't want to not have a chance again this month to try to insem.

KKf13- I am so sorry that you had to cancel your tank due to early O this month. I know it is so frustrating to have to sit on the sidelines and not even get a chance to insem. I really hope it works out for you next month... I feel your pain :) Do you temp?

Lovingmoms.. I was thinking about changing my date to be here Wednesday, 3/28 instead of 3/29 but I am kind of wary to do that b/c last time I missed my O b/c it was so late and had to send the dewar back unused :) I hate this guessing game....! I think we could all use a crystal ball .... then we would know exactly when to insem! :) Where can I buy one of those ? :)

stash- I know you have been going through frustrations too with not ovulating regularly. I really hope you get to try in April...! Let us know what your doctor tells you about this! What days did you take your clomid? and what cycle day did you get your + Opk?

Baby dust to all :)
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi there, lovingmoms is my dp. She took clomid on cd3-7 and it NEVER delayed her O she would typically O on cd14, when she was ovulating on her own. When we started ttc she wasnt so she started taking clomid and once we got the right dose, low and behold she was Oing on cd14 again, so with her it did not delay it at all. Once westarted working with an RE they did follie scans on cd12 would have her trigger that night and then we would go in 35 hrs later for IUI. The cycle we got pregnant she felt herself ovulating on the way home from the IUI. I know every woman is different, maybe i depends om the days you take it on whether or not it delays ovulation.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16