Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

?s for my OB on 1st monitored cycle

stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok, so.I believe my OB wants to do a follicle scan when I get a +OPK on this next cycle(still waiting on AF so I can start my next cycle), which is fine becuase I really want to know if I am 'O'ing. But I was wondering what the blood test was called that they do to see if you actually 'O'ed yet? The one you do 24-48hrs after +OPK? What hormone are they testing for? Is it 100%? I just thought that the blood test may be cheaper. But is an U/S my better option? Any help or questions I could ask OB would be great. I just want to KNOW FOR SURE if I am 'O'ing or not so we can IUI or change doses of Clomid. This has to be my slooowest cycle yet!!!! Thanks you!

Comments

• Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    Generally it is a CD21 blood test, done 7 days past the average O date of CD14. It tests FSH (I think) to determine if you Oed. Good luck!!!!
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Oh. We'll I throught Zack and Em (Duck) had a blood text and their RE called them back the same day to say ovulation was imminent. So I was wondering how they could tell that? Maybe I will PM them. Thanks Grace.