Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Please, need help for April insem. (link to chart included)

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited April 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Hi. I need help for this next cycle. I am ttc in April. BUT, I am concerned about what happened with my opks this last time.

MY Question is when should I insem? And, also, what do you think of the + then negative, then + opk. I have included a link to my chart on fertility friend. It is the March 16 cycle in question.

cd 13 got smiley two different times (first one at 12 :25 am)

cd 14 tested twice and NO SMILEY EITHER TIME

cd 15 got smiley two different times

cd 16 got smiley two different times, temp spike of 0.2 degrees

cd 17 temp spike of 0.7 degrees

According to fertility friend chart, I actually ovulated on CD 15!!!!!!

I am 39 years old. This just doesn't make sense to me. Did I really ovulate at least 48 hours after first +opk on cd 13? Or did I ovulate real close to the second +opk on cd 15. I always thought I O'd real close to +opk.

I took clomid cd 5-9 for the first time ever this cycle.

If this same pattern happened to you, when would you insem? (going to try again in April).

Please please help.. I have missed two chance (months) in a row b/c of timing issues. I haven't even gotten to insem AT ALL yet!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................

Comments

• Options
    graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    I know you don't want to hear this, but I do think that CD15 is the day you Oed. I am sorry. I think your body started to gear up on CD13 but backed off. I think that the second ones are the "real" ones for surge purposes. I don't know your history but could you have PCOS (overweight, insulin resistance, etc.)? I used to "gear up" to surge and then my body would back off. It started when I was 39.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your answer grace.. Well.. I am 5'4" and 135lbs. So, I am not a super skinny, but don't think I am real overweight... although I would like to lose a little.

I have had my sugar levels tested and it is always normal. But, my sister does have type 1 diabetes, and my dad has type 2.

So, do I go off the first +opk on cd 13? or do you think it was the +opk I got on cd15 (and then would have ovulated VERY close within hours of +opk on cd15).?

I just don't know what to do for this month.. when I get that first positive opk (which was a smiley test)... do I base my insem timing on that? or wait to see if I get a negative the next day, and then a SECOND positive????

I so need as much advice as possible from anyone and everyone so I can actually get to insem this time. I don't want to miss THREE cycles in a row!!!
    Thanks.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    That is a hard call. I would start checking your CP and CM at first +OPK(and before), wait till it is open and go for it. I read a BFP (really old one) that said she ovulated 4days after AI at home and still got her BFP. So you never know when an Olympian may make it. :) Good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks stash for your answer... I really should have a speculum but I don't. I do check my cervix, but I am not really sure how to tell if the cervix is open just by feel? Anyone know how to do this?
    Thanks!
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you have the swimmers at your house already?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Grace,,,no I don't have swimmers here now. I am only on CD 25 so I haven't even got af yet... But, I am just trying to be prepared b/c I missed cycles in a row due to timing issues.... I REALLY want a chance to insem for the first time!!!!
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was wondering about that :)

I know you are excited about insemming and kudos to you for being so diligent on charting to prepare. Keep in mind that it may vary with each month so you can't count on a textbook CD14 for O.
  • Options
    JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    VERY tough call. I do agree with Grace.....I think your body was gearing up to o, then didn't, then ovulated successfully later. I know you have been diligently charting....when do you usually o? Is it usually fairly consistent? I.would tend to think it would be better to go off of that first +opk because that is probably when your body naturally wants to ovulate....it just didn't for some reason last time. But I would also play it by ear, get your swimmers there and see what happens with your body signs at the time. Go with your gut. My gut has been telling me for months now that I ovulate later than average but I was so afraid of insemming too late I always chickened out and insemmed earlier. Now as you know it turns out I was right all along and probably wasted a lot if cycles because I didn't listen to my gut!