Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at [email protected] with any questions.

No sign of +opk

Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello ladies:

My DP is about a week past ovulation. We haven't experienced this delay since we started temping (Jan of this year). So, we ordered the swimmers based on her past ovulation dates. She usually has +opk on CD 13. NW advised us the swimmers were guaranteed until yesterday and that we should only keep them another day or two maximum. So, we are debating, back and forth, about whether to send them back (we really don't want to do this as we think they may be expired by the time they get back to NW and it would stink to have them returned back to us IF they are expired) or just inseminate and see what happens. There are signs of Ovulation, but nothing yet. At this point, we see it as, its a loss either way, but we rather risk it by inseminating (even if the chances are low since she hasn't ovulated). What do you all think? What would you do?

Thanks. As always, I am grateful for the knowledge, expertise, and kind words of the users of this forum!
183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
Tagged:

Comments

  • teacherin200829teacherin200829 Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    Do you mean you're a week past period? If so, I would wait for +. The tank being there really messed with my cycle and it came late for me. So we kept tank 3 days past 7 day mark. NW told us it was "probably" good for 2 weeks. So we assumed we were OK. Good thing we waited, because my + DID come eventually.
    Me (36) married to S (31)
    Try #1-3 at home, 3-6 IUI with Clomid, 7 IVF- BFP, mc 12/12, FET 3/12 - BFN, IVF #2 4/13 - BFP TWINS! Born 12/30/1413!
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Hmmmm.. That is a tough call... I actually did send my swimmers back unused for my first attempt in Feb.

    Can you post her chart?????

    For me, I hadn't gotten a positive opk (slightly positive but not 100%) and looking back according to my temp charts, it looks like it was b/c I did not ovulate.

    Has she always ovulated in the past -always got a temp increase in all the cycles previous to now?

    How often have you been doing opks?

    What signs does she have?

    Do you have a speculum? Could you check if OS is open?

    If you REALLY know that if you ship the swimmers back that they would thaw... I think you might as well try to insem... if the other option would be no insem and thawed swimmers anyway.

    It is a tough call... and I wish you the best in deciding!!!!
    Isn't this enough to pull your hair out...! :)
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Do you mean you're a week past period? If so, I would wait for +. The tank being there really messed with my cycle and it came late for me. So we kept tank 3 days past 7 day mark. NW told us it was "probably" good for 2 weeks. So we assumed we were OK. Good thing we waited, because my + DID come eventually.

    My DP called and they said not to keep it more than 2 days past the 7 day mark. She mentioned that we had read it was good for 2 weeks, but they did not recommend us waiting. Strange that you didn't get the same response. We don't pay too much attention to the tank.. but we are super stressed out about the late ovulation.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • stwrrstwrr Posts: 455
    edited November -1
    And just to throw this out there, you can also get a cryotank recharged locally. Ask NW if it is recommended or allowed, but welding shops and large animal veterinarians can do it.

    Northwest told us the tanks are really good for 15 days, counting shipping both ways. We shipped a vial back one cycle too. It made it safe and sound.

    ~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Are you watching for other signs. I had some clear CM this time but not the EW I was looking for but after I took a chance and AI I got a huge rise in temp. I wouldn't let the LHs be your only determination. It is soooo hard I agree! This whole thing is just crazy. Those tanks do stay frozen for a long time. Good Luck on whatever you decide to do!
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Can you post her chart?????

    I use countdown to pregnancy and have no idea how to post a chart... but I will look into it!

    For me, I hadn't gotten a positive opk (slightly positive but not 100%) and looking back according to my temp charts, it looks like it was b/c I did not ovulate.

    Has she always ovulated in the past -always got a temp increase in all the cycles previous to now?

    Yes, but we've only been temping for 3 months...

    How often have you been doing opks?

    Three times a day.

    What signs does she have?

    Egg whites, which are the only sign that she recognizes for ovulation. I guess that is 1 sign, but its the only 1 she notices leading up to ovulation.

    Do you have a speculum? Could you check if OS is open?

    Yes, we ran around town this past weekend and found one. We tried to use it and failed miserably! It was bad.

    If you REALLY know that if you ship the swimmers back that they would thaw... I think you might as well try to insem... if the other option would be no insem and thawed swimmers anyway.

    It is a tough call... and I wish you the best in deciding!!!!
    Isn't this enough to pull your hair out...! :)

    Thanks for your input!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    If your ticker is correct and you are less than a week from expected AF start, I would not inseminate. It seems far to late for your DP to ovulate now based on her past cycles. It could be the stress or it could be an anovulatory cycle for her, meaning that she simply did not ovulate.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

    Dk5Zm7.png

    22gfm7.png
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    We are currently on CD 20 -- I know some people have ovulated on CD 21, so if she is running a week late due to stress, its possible she may ovulate tomorrow. But, it could be that she just did not ovulate either.

    Sandy thanks for your suggestion! I was talking to my friend about it and it triggered a memory for her. She told me she had a local fertility clinic store some sperm one month she had an issue. So we are going to call in the morning and see what are options are in that respect.

    After reading the responses re: sending back and not proceeding with insem, has us now more on the fence then before! This process is making me prematurely gray!!! lol.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
Sign In or Register to comment.