Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Can you "Beyond" ladies help me???

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited April 2012 in Pregnancy and Babies
*** I did post this on the TTC side, but I was thinking I might get some good advice from this side too, since you already have your babies...:) What do you think????? I really need ANY and all advice about this...THANKS!!!!!! *****

Hi. I need help for this next cycle. I am ttc in April. BUT, I am concerned about what happened with my opks this last time.

MY Question is when should I insem? And, also, what do you think of the + then negative, then + opk.
I HAVE INCLUDED A LINK MY FERTILITY FRIEND CHART BELOW. :)
It is the March 16 cycle in question.

cd 13 got smiley two different times (first one at 12 :25 am)

cd 14 tested twice and NO SMILEY EITHER TIME

cd 15 got smiley two different times

cd 16 got smiley two different times, temp spike of 0.2 degrees

cd 17 temp spike of 0.7 degrees

According to fertility friend chart, I actually ovulated on CD 15!!!!!!

I am 39 years old. This just doesn't make sense to me. Did I really ovulate at least 48 hours after first +opk on cd 13? Or did I ovulate real close to the second +opk on cd 15. I always thought I O'd real close to +opk.

I took clomid cd 5-9 for the first time ever this cycle.

If this same pattern happened to you, when would you insem? (going to try again in April).

Please please help.. I have missed two chance (months) in a row b/c of timing issues. I haven't even gotten to insem AT ALL yet!

Link to my chart below

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3b53c7
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kittykitty Posts: 146
    edited November -1
    Sorry have no advice I did all dr assisted. But I didn't want you to think we are all ignoring you after so many ppl looked at your post.
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited April 2012
    I think the rule of thumb is to only ever use the very first +OPK that you get. My +OPK cycle is about 48+ hours. Meaning I will get positives for more than two days, sometimes three. Most women do. So use the timing from your very first one, which looks like CD13 for you in March.

From your temp dips, I'd say you ovulated on CD15 on March and should have insemd on CD14 and CD15. Did you use OPKs in Feb before CD16? Maybe you are not testing early enough. Maybe start OPK testing at CD12 or so with the lined tests every few hours and see how dark they get over the next few days, then transfer to smileys 3x a day.

I wouldn't worry about + then - then +, as the concentration can vary at different times of the day or sensitivity of the tests.

Here is a link to my cycle that resulted in BFP. The "intercourse" line item should actually be "imsems".
    http://www.tcoyf.com/chartgallery/13962/9716a190-c395-4949-881d-974bc955d04f.png

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Thanks Kitty... :)

Thanks for the input ttc.jujubee.... arggh... I opened up the link to the chart and my computer crashed.... dang computers...

Thanks for the answers so far!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................