Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

IVF format vials info

scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi Ladies, I decided I'm doing just one at-home IUI insemination this month at about 21 hours post smiley. My top choice donor only had IVF vials available. Zack (I think it was him) said that IVF format are processed exactly the same as IUI format vials, only difference is fewer sperm per vial. I bought two vials.

Question, has anyone gotten a bfp doing an IUI insem with IVF vial(s)?

Also, do you think I should space them out and do two insems or just do one insem with both vials? Again, I was originally planning to do one IUI insem, now I have more choices!

Any other thoughts/opinions about IVF vials are welcome. Thanks!
EyNNm4.png
zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    I used 2 IVF vials this past time. I got a BFN but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. I decided that since I had 2 vials I might as well use it as 2 insems to help get my window. I hope it works for you!
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN
  • Options
    NVLNVL Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    1baby1day wrote:
    I used 2 IVF vials this past time. I got a BFN but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. I decided that since I had 2 vials I might as well use it as 2 insems to help get my window. I hope it works for you!

I used iui ivf vials this cycle and while AF is late I am still only getting bfns. Wish I could help you more, but all you need is 1 good swimmer!!

1baby, did you request counts on your ivf vials? Just curious, if uou are okay sharing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My counts were 13 million. So that gave me a total of 26 million. And they were washed IVF vials.
    pic1a-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mine were 12 each...for two shots I didn't think it was too shabby....only takes one, right? Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    wishing4toowishing4too Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember the counts are cut in half for iui format..... 12million/cc is 6 million per vial for example.... iui is typically .5 cc Good luck!
    10169359_10203518839914219_9109627574450945119_n.jpg
    K-8, M-4 & G-15 mo
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remember the counts are cut in half for iui format..... 12million/cc is 6 million per vial for example.... iui is typically .5 cc Good luck!

When I called to chek on mine, I was specifically told "12 million per vial."
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies. 1baby, I remember you were trying last month with IVF vials. Did either of you ask if NW has actually gotten a reported BFP using IVF vials to do an IUI(or ICI) insem?
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I never thought to ask, but I'm not sure they would definitely know since some people don't report their pregnancies.
    pic1a-1.jpg
  • Options
    allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    I'm glad this was posted. Dp and I just bought the last two vials of the donor we picked and his were only IVF vials. We plan on using them as IUI vials.