Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

My Little One's a Fighter!!

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Pregnancy and Babies
So you guys know that on Friday I went into the ER with bleeding and they did a sonogram and said things didn't look too good. There is apparently a tear in my placenta and the doctor pretty much told me I would have a miscarriage. I had been bleeding pretty good, but had no clots and no cramping. I decided that I tried for this baby long enough and that I wouldn't give up easy.

I went online and did a bunch of research about a "threatened miscarriage", my diagnosis. Apparently a threatened miscarriage basically means that I'm having any bleeding during pregnancy that is more than spotting. I read that a LOT of women have come through with healthy babies, even when they have placenta tears, with this diagnosis.

So my main concern was to find a way to STOP THE BLEEDING. The doctor's didn't have very much advice, so I had to do my own homework. The most important thing seemed to be keeping my progesterone levels up. I've been using progesterone cream since the beginning so I upped my dose to three, sometimes four times a day.

I am also taking a "pregnancy tea". It is red raspberry leaf, which is supposed to help calm the uterine muscles and prevent cramping. I've been drinking four mugs of this a day.

Also I found an herb, false unicorn root, that is supposed to treat a threatened miscarriage and stop the bleeding. This almost sounded too good to be true, but I went ahead and bought it. I couldn't believe I could find something that was supposed to stop all this bleeding!! I found several websites online that suggest using it during this time. I'm using the tincture (drops). I'mstarted taking 60 drops mixed with a little water every HOUR. They suggest taking this large dose until the bleeding stops.

I was still bleeding pretty good yesterday, but this morning when I woke up the bleeding is almost gone!! Just bleeding a little now, spotting mostly. SOOOOOO thankful that this strange unicorn root is working!!! I'm continuing to take it every 2 hours today, along with the tea, and the progesterone cream. So far so good and lets keep this little fighter sticking!!!

Thank you all for your prayers!! I'm so thankful that God has heard!! :)

Comments

• Options
    StorkhuntingStorkhunting Posts: 104
    edited November -1
    I am glad it seems to be working. Just be very careful mixing so many herbal remedies. Like medication some things can react badly when combined with something else. Also be sure that none of those things can cause birth defects and such. The websites selling those things don't always include that information.
    nXGwGSu.jpgnXGwm4.png

re85Yg8.jpgre85m4.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I have heard of unicorn root but have never known anyone to use it. So glad it is slowing down the bleeding.

I love herbal teas and believe they can heal.

Come on little baby fight!!
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    CRWHNW0909CRWHNW0909 Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm sorry the E.R. visit (the first one) was so traumatic. Rest as much as you can so not to stress the tear. I didn't have a tear in the placenta but a tear between the two sacs. Just remember rest, rest, rest, and drink lots of fluids. Thinking of you guys!
    04/11/2011=BFN 06/08/2011=BFN 07/05/2011=BFN 11/25/2011=BFP!!
    Beta 1: 2,489 Beta 2: 5,603 TWINS!!
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    I am glad to hear the bleeding has really slowed down. Still keeping you in my prayers :)
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I have posted it many times...we were given the diagnoses of "threatened miscarriage" during the first trimester due to heavy bleeding. The prognosis was really unknown, but they have a responsibility to prepare you for the worst. We had two prior miscarriages so we were scared this would be the third...it wasn't. Even though I continued to have bleeding throughout my pregnancy Sebastian was born healthy and happy at 37 weeks. :-)

Hang in there! Thinking of you...
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    Hang in there! Positive thoughts headed your way...
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear that things are looking up.
    Hugs, and continued best wishes!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    niyasmom22niyasmom22 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    oh im praying for u and i wish u the best a very healthy pregnancy :)
  • Options
    TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you guys so much!! This is totally tmi (I'm warning you!), but I've been super contstipated today from sitting around all weekend. Finally I made myself "go" today and I went three times!! Normally I'd be like "yay", but it's making me bleed more from all the up and down and "strenuous" activity. This is so hard to find an even balance between resting and making the bleeding stop - and finding some sort of comfort, especially with digestive problems. Ugh!!!

But so far so good today. Still taking the herbal meds, because it's really all I CAN do, since doctor didn't prescribe anything for me. Hoping for a good outcome on Tues during my ultrasound.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Hoping for the best possible news for you tomorrow!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Thinking of you tomorrow and hope your little fighter is still fighting!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    But so far so good today. Still taking the herbal meds, because it's really all I CAN do, since doctor didn't prescribe anything for me.

I hope everything goes well with your ultrasound. I'm concerned about your relationship with your OB though. Have you worked with this office before? I still don't understand why they haven't wrote you an RX for progesterone since you are bleeding!
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Continued positive thoughts and prayers being sent to you. I'm with 2 moms, why no rx for Progesterone? I'm not trying to add more stress to your thoughts, but many Drs. will prescribe it as a preventative measure, I'm just surprised that in this case they didn't....