Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

what type of speculum do you recommend?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi. I am pretty sure I am out this month... still no af yet though.

But, I am getting ready for next month.

I am thinking of getting a speculum.

What kind do you recommend? Clear? Metal?

How do you tell what size to get?

Best place to purchase?

Thanks!
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    smbc2besmbc2be Posts: 68
    edited November -1
    I preferred the plastic over metal and used both size medium and large. The medium was more comfortable, but was challenging to get to see the cervix, the large was much better at clearing the way for a clear view of the cervix but was less comfortable. I ordered them from amazon in a pack of ten, and just threw away after done using.

Good luck!
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    I got the 10 pack of disposables also. I got size small because that was what was recommended to me when I asked here. If I put it all the way in really snugly, it seems to be perfect for finding my cervix. Of course everyone is different.

FYI, they are disposable, but I don't see why one couldn't be re-sued if you run low. You can just wash it really well in hot soapy water - if you really needed to.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png