Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Our newest BFP

mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
edited November -1 in BFP Database
We decided once our son Sebastian turned a year old that we would begin TTC #2, especially because it took us 9 cycles to conceive our son.
Well our 2nd cycle of TTC #2 got us our BFP! Yay!

We went back to our same OB who helped us conceive and eventually deliver our son...we LOVE her! I got all of the necessary bloodwork to confirm I was ovulating, etc. in early March in time to give it a go in April.
I was concerned that I would have to fully wean our son Sebastian before we begun this journey, but after confirming that I was ovulating and speaking with my OB about it, I realized that wasn't necessarily the case. :-) So I kept breastfeeding...
We got a BFN that first cycle and I think our timing was simply a little late (IUI at 28hrs past +OPK).

I didn't do anything different this cycle...I don't temp, I used CB digital OPK's starting on CD11 as usual, I still had coffee every morning and a nice glass of wine many evenings, I have been taking prenatals for years now since before we conceived our son.
CD14 I got my smiley and called our OB. We went in for the IUI 21hrs after the +OPK (almost the exact same timing we used with our son).
Around 6-7 DPO I started to feel something...I had a backache, I was tired, and was breaking out (very unusual for me). 8-10 DPO I was pretty certain this was it...while my symptoms were totally different from my prior pregnancy, I just felt pregnant. I never test early, but I was DYING to all of a sudden...11DPO I woke up and tested with a FRER...two lines almost immediatly. BFP! :-)

Thanks for letting us share!
be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png

Comments

• Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    Such a great story! Thanks for sharing. I am so happy for you that it only took two cycles this time as I know the first time was a much longer process for the two of you. Excited to follow your progress :) now you need another ticker!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Options
    emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    Oops...Nevermind, you already have one. So exciting!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months