Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Weird O cycle

carsarcarsar Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi there....

So my name is Carleen and I've been reading posts on this forum for nearly a year. My DP Sarah and I have been TTC for 2 cycles (via home insemination, no meds, 2 viles per cycle 1st try at 6 & 24 and 2nd try at 12 & 24) with the third try I thought falling right after our 9 year anniversary...but it's 2 days later and my digital OPK still says I haven't peeked but the OPK sticks we got in my deluxe insem kit from NW say I have peeked?!?!

We did one insem last night, just trying to switch it up and maybe have the sperm waiting for the egg to drop. We do use a speculum and I just started temping. My temps the last few days have been 96.05, 96.17, 96.15, 96.36, 96.57, and 97.05 this morning. I just don't know what to think with all of my "norms" being all thrown off.

I'll be turing 36 this August and have had all of the BW, ultrasound and tests done except for tubal blockage test. My last appt with my OBGYN in March she said my AMH was a little low but nothing that worried her. I've been using a digital OPK for 2 years with 2 peak day results and have "normal" cycles, that is until I actually started TTC... The first try, my OPK had me peak a day earlier than normal, with 1st insem 6 & 24 hours later. AF came 12 days later right on time hard and heavy which isn't normal. Second try was at 12 & 24 hours with AF coming WAY early at 9 DPI with brown spotting for 24hours and then light red for 24 hours before heavy bleeding which also isn't normal for me.

I'm trying to stay positive and not fall into the obsessed category; Sarah is very supportive as are family and friends. I have a friend who tried for 8 months naturally with her DH, did 3 months of Dr. Asst IUI's and one IVF and gave up. 5 months later and she is now 10 weeks pregnant. Makes me hopefull and so very happy for her!

That's all I suppose. Thanks to everyone for being so open and sharing your good and not so good with all of the newbies. It helps and makes me feel connected to something so wonderful.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    welcome! is this your first month temping? if it is, that slight spike doesn't always mean that's when you ovulated. they say that if your temp stays up for three days then you can tell when you ovulated. unfortunately, temping only tells you after the fact. in april when i did my first insem, i didn't get a smiley at all. it was very frustrating. so i went off of my cm. i also had light spotting two days before AF came which is not normal for me either. i've noticed a lot of women get weird cycles while ttc. i hope you got your timing right. good luck in your tww :D
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    carsarcarsar Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Thanks kstarr, did second insem tonight. Yes this was my first time temping, I guess we'll see if my temp stays high tomorrow AM then maybe I timed it alright!?!? Guess I'm just closer to AF day if it doesn't take....trying to be positive :)