Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Which one would you buy????

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi.... Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind or even a link to a speculum (I was looking on Amazon) that you have bought and liked...

Are the clear plastic ones easier to see the cervix versus the metal???

Pros/ cons disposable vs. non disposable...

Size????? I have no idea to get either, small, medium or large????

And, can you just clean the disposable ones real good (boiling???? ) if you use them.

I want to purchase one hopefully by Friday,,,,, 6/22 so I am ready to go for my next insem....

Thanks!
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Well, I purchased med. disposable ones and found them too big and painful so ordered small. Also I find the disposable ones will collapse. If I decide to use them again I will definitely buy metal.
  • Options
    emandessemandess Posts: 117
    edited November -1
    Good luck! I'm banned by DP from the speculum (small, metal) I ordered on Amazon. The learning curve isn't forgiving :o
  • Options
    teacherin200829teacherin200829 Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    I definitely agree that the plastic ones collapse & buying small is best.
    Me (36) married to S (31)
    Try #1-3 at home, 3-6 IUI with Clomid, 7 IVF- BFP, mc 12/12, FET 3/12 - BFN, IVF #2 4/13 - BFP TWINS! Born 12/30/1413!
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    My nurse said if you want to wash them, use metal. Boiling the hard plastic will either crack it, melt it, or cause small gaps on the surface. I like the metal ones because they don't seem to have a lip on the sides of the duck bill part. Like a small sharp line from the making process. That is the part I had trouble with. And I can boil to my hearts content and nothing will happen to it. :)