Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Help???!!!! Panicking

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi.... One more question, I just had my swimmers arrive.
I opened the outer container, to reveal the dewar.I put my hand on the dewar and it feels kind of warm. This is from the outside, placing my hand on the dewar. is that normal???? Does that mean that it is not cold inside the dewar????
I don't want to open it b/c I don't need the swimmers yet, but I hope that they aren't already thawed out??????

Please help!
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's probably warm from being on the truck. Most likely the inside is fine.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    you don't check to make sure they sent the right vials when you get your dewar? i'm paranoid about that. checking when you first get it won't alter the temp at all. it only takes a couple seconds to look.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh... thanks for the responses... I didn't think to check the vials now.... i had swimmers delivered one other time, and I didn't open them until I needed them....and it was the correct vials.

But, taking them out now wouldn't harm them in any way....? Even if only for a few seconds?
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    KKF13KKF13 Posts: 269
    edited November -1
    I always check the vials when they arrive, then leave it closed until I need it. I think it'll put your worries to rest. I have a pair of dollar gloves I use to handle the cold parts. Good luck!
    tt10f84e.aspx
  • Options
    cassafrascassafras Posts: 219
    edited November -1
    It's probably fine, but I would definitely check it anyway. Opening it for a few seconds won't hurt anything, infact they tell you to check your vials when the tank arrives. As someone who had a faulty tank, I believe it is better to check it so if there is anything wrong they can express ship you new ones. The time my tank was faulty it was actually kind of cool on the outside. Like there was cool air all around it. It was the first time getting the tank shipped to my house, so I had no idea ths wasn;t normal. Since yours is room temp, I would say it's probably doing great!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone.... you have eased my mind.... I am still a little afraid to open and check them... But, maybe tomorrow I will....
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    You're definitely supposed to check it as soon as you get it. That's written in the instructions they send.
  • Options
    emandessemandess Posts: 117
    edited November -1
    It won't hurt it at all if the dewar is operating properly. Also, you can just put a sock on your hand to open it so you don't freeze your hands.
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Yes, always check the tank when it arrives. It is in the instructions. And i always do just in case anything happened during shipping, like the faulty tank cassafras was talking about. :) Don't worry about opening it up. My OB office checks it as soon as it comes in to make sure it all looks good and frozen. Plus, it will help to easy your mind. Good luck!! :)
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep you definitely want to check it to make sure you have the correct vials and that they are frozen. It says so in the instructions. If you wait until you need it to open it and something is wrong then you don't have the time to get things corrected by the time you need them, such as wrong donor or type of vials or thawed vials. It would suck to open it as you are getting ready to insem and find your vials are already thawed or the wrong donor.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i did check my vial today and it appearred to be ok... yeah :)
    lg2wm5.png