Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Sandals

ZenZen Posts: 2,942
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
So it's summer and I'm trying to clue into the idea that little girls can wear sandals. And mine looks so cute and grown up in hers. In the house she just wears socks. I have tile floors and her little feet always feel cold to me so I like her socks. So anyway ... she came up to me a few minutes ago wanting to put her sandals on. Over the socks. I helped her because we're home so why say no? Despite my mind calling out geek alerts at sandals with socks. She does look cute though. Even with the socks. Which makes me wonder ... are socks still taboo with sandals?
AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    yes
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    No socks with sandals ever!!
  • Options
    chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    We live in Eugene, OR. Too many people think it is OK to wear socks with sandals. No, no, no, not ok!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    in the house - sure!! :) otherwise, I've gotta say no.

but now that I've said that, I have to confess my son has worn crocs with sock in public. more than once (ack!)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live where "spring" starts when it finally gets about 40 degrees and Sorry even if it is FREEZING you still can NOT wear socks and sandals! :)
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited June 2012
    Big fat NO to socks with sandals!!! :) absolutely not acceptable ever!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    Nope. Sorry. Unacceptable. :)
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    my mom used to put me in socks with sandals. i was too young to know if anyone was laughing at me or giving me odd looks at the time, so it's possible shiloh is also in that boat and it wouldn't scar her if you let her wear them. but if you're the one not wanting the embarrassment of people thinking you have bad toddler fashion sense, i say "no socks with sandals for shiloh."
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    No ambiguity in these answers! Thank you :)
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    pbpb Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    Soccer socks with soccer sandals are the norm. Any other sandals with socks is a big no no. Regardless, I'm sure she looked adorable!!!!