Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Question about extended rear facing carseats

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Aiden rides rear facing in a Graco My Ride 65 car seat. He's short (34 inches) and light weight (25 pounds), but believe it or not his head is about 2-3 inches from the top. So I don't know .....maybe we have another 6 months in this car seat rear facing. I'd prefer to keep him rear facing as long as possible (maybe until he starts kindergarten because I've told myself that there's no way I'll make him ride to kindergarten rear facing in this small town). We've got many more years to we reach the 40 pound limit on the Graco My Ride 65, but he's going to reach the height limit first.

We got our Graco My Ride 65 in 2009, so without looking at the seat I'm guessing it doesn't expire for another 2-3 years. So I thought that I'd get another convertible seat for Aiden, and then the baby can use this one for a while once I stop using the infant car seat. I'd prefer a convertible carseat that is thiner than the Graco My Ride 65. Does anyone have any suggestions of carseats that can keep Aiden rear facing for a few more years? I have a Kia Sorento.

Thanks,
Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    The Diono Radian is the narrowest car seat and it rear faces to 45 pounds, FF to 80 in a 5 point harness and then is a booster until 120 pounds. It is really tall and I'm not sure how it would fit in your car, but since you wouldn't have anyone in the passenger seat (most of the time?) then you could move that one forward.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uggg. I have a sorento and am having a HARD time finding a convertible seat that fits, no advice but good luck!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I think you have a lot longer in your current seat than you are predicting. Why do you feel like he'll out grow it any time soon?

They make a piece now that comes with the Diono now that goes under it and keeps it more upright and gives you a few more inches. I think it would fit fine rf in your car.

For the record I totally plan to have Kate RF through kindy :). I have no shame when it comes to her being 5 times safer!
    image_zps64579b54.png