Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Strollers

ZenZen Posts: 2,942
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
When are you done with them? I don't think I'm ready to tackle Disney without a stroller for Shiloh, and I did use it once recently when she'd fallen asleep and I had a social engagement. But other than that, months pass with it just folded up in my car. I'm not ready to say goodby to it yet but am wondering, at what point are mommies all done with this baby item?
AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png

Comments

• Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    It's been a long time for us. By the time the kids were were 2, they had a lot of energy and walked well while holding hands, so we let them walk to use some of that energy! I know I used them at the Arboretum when they were 26 months old, but I can't remember any time past that.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because of city living we are still stroller dependent at 23mos. My guess is we'll use it through the summer and then a bit in the Fall, phasing it out as the snow hits. Hopefully by this time next year we can use it for a new baby and have the buddy board for E as needed.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Disney? No way would I go without a stroller. They are tired just from the walk in. We used one at age 5 for Disney. Plus you need a place to store your junk
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    pbpb Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    Paige was done with it at 3 Disney and all. Beckham is still in one for Disney and when we go running. Other than that he is done (and I love his stroller)
  • Options
    pixybellestarrpixybellestarr Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    I just took my daughter to Disney without a stroller and spent half the day carrying her. My oldest son was done with the stroller at 3, but my daughter still complains if she has to walk through the grocery store.
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    before he was two, my DS was done with the stroller and we'd only use it for Disney (he walked the zoo/sea world/aquarium). but he hasn't used a stroller, even at Disney, since we went for his 3rd birthday. he never really rode in it on his 3rd birthday Disney trip and it just became something to hold our junk. it actually made it harder to maneuver around the park...

so yeah, at 3 the strollers were gone. my little firecracker has always preferred to walk LOL but hey - if he wanted the stroller, I'd have kept it longer!
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We still use ours for our 7 yr old granddaughter on zoo trips sometimes. Her knees have been giving her a lot of problems so when she starts complaining that they hurt she goes in the stroller
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    mimibethmimibeth Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    I was pretty much done with ours by age 3, but still used it infrequently till about age 5. It was handy if we were going somewhere that we were doing alot of walking because I know my little guy would have complained having to walk all day. He is 7 now and I think sometimes he'd still choose to ride in it if we gave him a choice. Plus like others have said it's great to hold your stuff too :)
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    For big parks, I'd keep it . . . or just plan on renting one when you get there. I rented one the other day when the double-stroller wouldn't fit in my car along with all our camping gear. I took the single stroller for Juliet (the rental ones wouldn't accommodate a baby) and rented one for about $8 for Justin and all our gear. He mostly walked, but it was a small park and we weren't there long. For Disney, Hershey, Legoland, Sesame Place, etc., I'd advise getting one if only to store the cooler and snacks!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    My rule is that when she can listen and stay with me we can stop carting the stroller around - since that hasn't happened yet - she is two I take the stroller everywhere. I am a bit of a control freak because she disappeared behind a clothing rack at the aquarium recently and I couldn't find her. There are times I am that lady pushing a screaming 2 year old through the park because I would rather have her strapped in and know where she is than to panic and freak out when I cannot find her.

I imagine that by the time I am ready to give up the stroller - she will have a sibling and we will have a Sit n Stand.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    lolabellolabel Posts: 99
    edited November -1
    After three, our stroller just got used for trips to the supermarket (we're in NYC, so we walk to the shops...) and international travel. My girl just turned four, and we just got back from our first international trip without it, so I'm guessing the stroller is now just going to be a shopping cart for us...
    Mother to a 4 year old who has changed my whole world for the better!
  • Options
    LindsayLindsay Posts: 201
    edited November -1
    For lots of walking we still use it..But short jaunts we don't...She is four and I am not into carring her when we are in lrg crowded areas so she gets buckled in...:)
    Lindsay xx