Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Jeans with a hidden adjustable waist

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I love baby gaps jeans because of they're adjustable hidden waist. I just discovered them last winter by chance and it worked out nicely because he needed a 18 month size for length but a 12 month size for his weight. It was nice to buy an 18 month size of jeans and be able to adjust it enough so that his jeans weren't falling down.

Does any other store sell jeans with a hiddle adjustable waist similar to baby gap jeans? We are probably looking at a 24 month size or maybe 2T, but nothing larger than that for sure.

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure what "hidden" means, but I know gymboree, children's place, and old navy all gave pants/shorts with adjustable waists :) little elastic/button gizmos inside the waist.

I love adjustable waists!
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited July 2012
    I have the skinny issue with my son , It was VERY hard to find adjustable waist in anything smaller than a 2T - but I have found some at Gap, Old Navy and Cherokee from Target. Once he hits 2T you can find them pretty much anywhere ! I just have to make sure I don't get anything that says "Loose Fit" because even with the adjustable waist they are huge in his legs. Old Navy, Gap, Carters and Osh Kosh tend to fit him the best. Gymboree and childrens Place fit a bit bigger for some reason. My son at almost 3 is 28 lbs and 38 1/2 " if that helps at all :)

*** My favorite Brand of Jeans for the fit are 77Kids - but they are quite expensive so I only get them off Ebay ****
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    My first thought was that they're everywhere (Children's Place, Gymboree, Kohls) ... but then I realized that I'm shopping in the toddler section now. So like Sunshine4Baby said, it's 2T and up. I think Shiloh had one pair of jeans at 18 months that were adjustable. When she was little, I had to take in the waistbands of all her little skirts and skorts and pants. I'm not handy with a needle and thread at all but became an expert at this level of alterations! I just pinched the fabric at the left and right seams, and made 6 little tacks on each side. I learned how to do this when she was 3 months old and it's a skill I'm still using today!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    pbpb Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    Ralph Lauren, Janie and Jack, Crew Cuts, Brooke's Brothers etc.
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Don't you just love those...my son is tall but super thin. They work perfect! We find ours in a local outlet mall.
  • Options
    mimibethmimibeth Posts: 22
    edited November -1
    My 7 yr old has the skinny but tall issue too! We buy his from either Gymboree, Crazy 8's, Children's place, or JC Penney (they have some of the best prices on them there).
  • Options
    tiffspradtiffsprad Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Old navy and jc penny