Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Present for 11 Year Old

ZenZen Posts: 2,942
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I need to get an inexpensive gift ($10-20) for an 11 year old boy. Others are getting him a basket-ball hoop and various sized balls. I know I can always get him t-shirts. But he'll be bored with that as a gift. What are pre-teen boys into??
AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    Baseball cards, gift card for itunes or movie theatre or Sports Authority, DVD
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    My friend's son is 10 and my nephew is 11. They both love gift cards so they can buy their own stuff :)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    lolabellolabel Posts: 99
    edited July 2012
    Having your own money is magic when you're a kid - a gift card is not an impersonal thing, it's a joy for kids! It's what my nephews requested from about 5 years old on.
    Target's a good bet, or a bookstore.
    Mother to a 4 year old who has changed my whole world for the better!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I gave him cash last year ... but I felt guilty about it (lol). So this year I was trying for more thought!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Gift cards are good... Cool clothes are good. Books can be good, if you know he's a reader and what he's into, a game for one of his gaming systems... Is it possible to call hisparents and ask what he's into?
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i agree with coryandamanda's ideas. it seems like once kids turn 10, they don't really play with kids' toys anymore, like they used to do. they want more "teen" type of gifts.
  • Options
    LauranLauran Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    Does he have a favorite sports team? I ask because school supplies are at pretty low prices right now, and you might be able to find some with his favorite team on them, whether it's college or pro. I know Walmart carries a few different teams' stuff. Boys that age are hard. Presents I've bought recently for boys around that age were: small weights (8 lbs), bicycle/skateboard ramp, Transformers, DVDs.
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I went with boring but he liked it!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png