Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Will cervix open still if I don't ovulate?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
hi... quick question..

Will my cervix open if I did not/ will not ovulate that month? Or does it stay closed if your body
is not planning on ovulating?
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tiffspradtiffsprad Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    I wish i could help you. I know you must be losing your mind! Im so sorry.
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Yes it can. I have PCOS but was getting AF every month like normal but didn't get a +OPK. Checked cervix, and it opened perfectly every month. But I only ovulated one of these months on my own. When I took meds my cervix didn't change from previous months at all. Still opened the same way, got soft and high like it always did. So confusing!!!!!
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Stash thanks for the explanation... that helps.

How exactly do they diagnose someone with PCOS....? What tests are done etc.?
    I am wondering if I have that???
    Treatments?
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Well, my OB said that not ovulating is the biggest sign of PCOS. But there are plenty of other signs. When we did my first follicle scan, we saw a 'chain of pearls' which were a bunch of follicles that never grew and are now small cysts in my ovaries. Luckly, they don't seem to inter-fear with Clomid. But there wasn't really a specific test they could do. It was me not ovulating, hair growth on my chin and neck, and the 'string of pearls'. That is how my OB told me I had PCOS. And she told me she couldn't tell me what stage I was in but that it 'looked' early because we were having such an easy time getting me to ovulate with Clomid. But I am sure ever DR is different.

The only treatment for PCOS that I have seen is meds or losing weight. I am working on losing weight now (the first 30lbs were easy, now it is getting much harder) but so far it doesn't look like I ovulated but I didn't test, so I don't know really. AF is due today or tomorrow. But I have a feeling I won't be seeing her for a while. But that is ok since we are not going to try for a while. But I will monitor a 'regular' cycle to see if I ovulate on my own when we get back to TTC. Then on to meds if I am not ovulating on my own.
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also just bc you arent ovulating on your own doesnt mean you have PCOS. My wife doesnt ovulate on her own either and the RE told us she does NOT have PCOS. Just thought I would throw that out there. Stash congrats on the weight loss, that is awesome!! Dont you hate how our bodies will let us lose 30lbs but then if we try to lose more it says 'ok i let you get rid of 30 but if ya wanna get rid of any more you are reaaallyy gonna have to work for it'. Lol
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16