Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Kids with nose issues -- (a not my kid query)

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Hi.
If your kid has issues with dairy... what do they look like when they consume it? Or what did they look like before you realized the problem? What about allergies? Or blocked tubes? Anything here sound familiar?

I'm working with a 4 year old who, I think, has some pretty severe issues with milk.. but no one else seems to see my perspective. He was stuffy and had a slightly hard time breathing from Sept-June. No lie. He currently does not have a stuffy/runny nose and it is nothing short of miraculous. He continuously has thick green snot coming out of his nose.. seriously, all the time (up til a week ago). He complains of stomach aches every day after lunch ("drink your milk or no more food.. drink your milk or no juice, etc"). His behavior is truly nutty and much worse when he is more stuffy. He snores loudly at naptime.
Does this sound like a milk issue? or seasonal? or something else entirely? His mom had an appointment for an ENT and she blew it off.. now has to wait til October :mad: Any ideas?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    I don't know about other people's kids, but our Asa had chronic sinusitis, nasty breath all the time, complained about belly aches, behaved like a maniac, and had scaly eczema-like skin situations. We thought it was seasonal (we're dumb) until he started vomiting only once and only in the middle of the night and only after drinking whole milk with dinner. Then we got wise. He can eat yogurt fine, but all other dairy is a no. He's still a bit of a handful, and he occasionally still complains of random stomach pain, but I think it's because it became habitual.
  • Options
    2wannabemommies2wannabemommies Posts: 44
    edited November -1
    Haddie is allergic to dairy. It started really early on as reflux and i cut dairy out of my diet. Then we started introducing yogurt and cheese at 6 months. This caused her to get really bad burpy hiccups. Then at a year she started vomiting immediately after any dairy. We finally took her to the allergist and since we've cut out all dairy she's been fine. She never had a runny nose or congestion from this but I'm sure everyone reacts differently.
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I have had seasonal allergies all my life - normally the best time of year for me is winter. The rest of the year my allergies are crazy. Sounds like his mom is flaky - but as a teacher I would offer him water instead of the milk (just in case) and then buy an air purifier and have it running in the classroom from the moment you get there until the moment you leave.

Sinus infection? Sounds like it totally could be, or chonic rhinitis.

It is ridiculous to try to get into the ENT - I just scheduled Maggie and she has to wait until August 17th! The poor kids tonsils have been huge since forever and she stops breathing in her sleep and chokes on simple foods.

No matter what - I bet that kiddo feels miserable.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I've had problems with dairy my whole life...for me it is stomach pains, bloating and sometimes diarrehea.. Up until recently I could tolerate cottage cheese, cheese and yogurt--small amts. NEVER could drink milk...as I am getting older it is getting harder for me to tolerate other dairy too. The stuffiness and green gunk sounds like sinus infection to me...my oldest son has frequent bouts of that.