Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

I always thought my child would...

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Be excessively verbal at a young age. I thought she would want to snuggle and enjoy my humming/singing.

I never thought my child would be so insanely physical! I didn't think I would have a child who wants to run, jump, climb and MOVE all the time! She climbed out ofthe crib this week, swings off the bars at the park and has to jump off everything! She is nothing like I thought she'd be and I love her to pieces!

What about yours? What's different than what you expected?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Same story here. Justin is the most active kid I've ever met, and the most talkative. . . all on 8-9 hours of sleep a night. If he wants to cuddle, you almost need a helmet and shin guards because he doesn't sit still! But I love him to pieces. :)
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    My daughter is extremely outgoing and talkative with just about anyone and everyone. Anytime we are out and about she is attempting to engage and interact with people. It's kind of funny when I'm wearing her in the Ergo and she's carrying on conversations with people while on my back.

I'm definitely friendly and not necessarily the quiet type-- but I can be in certain situations :) Throughout school I was known as the " most shy, un-shy person". Once I get to know or become somewhat familiar with people/ situations I warm up. But, I'm definitely not the center of attention type. I like new people, places, ideas, etc, but still get a little nervous starting out. Olivia does not seem to have any of this. I know she is young, but so far she seems to enjoy being out, about, loud, and right in the center of it all! This keeps me on my toes and forces me out of my little comfort zone which is nice :)
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    A&J Far better than my son. He just turned 7 and will NOT speak to anyone in public...my oldest was like your daughters outgoing, talkative--no one was a stranger. K &H just watch as your little one grows into her own person. They will certainly go in their own direction...no matter how you steer them otherwise! Kid are fun!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Kate is also very much as I envisioned my child/daughter would be. I have literally never met anyone who talks so much...except me! My surprises are:

I never thought my child would be as athletic as she is - even at 3! She certainly did not get that from my gene pool!

Her bladder - sounds funny but I always worried about passing my bad bladder gene on to my kids! Instead she has the ability to hold it for ages and potty trained super early.

I'm sure there's a few other little things but those are the big 2.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    jenoglvjenoglv Posts: 669 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Along the same lines as A&J, I never thought I'd have an outgoing conversationalist. This kid tries to say bye to everyone at the store. I'm certainly not a terribly social person if I don't know you.
    Jennifer SMBC, mama to Rhys.

2012-10-29003321-1.jpg