Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Good News on Child-Care Flex Plan

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Thanks to all of you that responded to my question about ways to not loose the money in my child-care flex plan a few weeks ago. I just received a statement today on my dependent care flex plan that states that I have have a grace period through 11/15/12 to incur a claim and until 12/15/12 to submit the claim even though my plan year ends on 8/31/12. I didn't think dependent care plans had grace periods. I called to double check and they said that it was correct. So that will be perfect since I will have until Nov. to use up this money before loosing it. I'll probably need to take out a lot less for the new plan year since I'll be off of work from mid October to beg. of Jan. on maternity leave and this year's plan year will cover through October for me.

Does anyone else have a dependent care flex plan that includes a grace period?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    Excellent news! I'm glad you found out about the grace period and can plan the right amount for next year.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    roses25 wrote:
    Does anyone else have a dependent care flex plan that includes a grace period?
    Carolyn

Pfffff ..... my $5K is claimed/reimbursed long before the deadline. I've never come even a little bit close to needing/finding out if there's a grace period.

Glad it worked out for you. :)
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Glad you got good news on that!

Yes, my husband's through his previous employer had a grace period similar to what yours is. It was nice.
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I have a grace period for submitting the claim, but the cost has to incur before 9/1. My district just stopped using the Flex Plan, so now I have to pay taxes on the $5K I use for daycare and $1K for medical expenses. :(
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png