Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

OT- black out shades

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
We're looking for rolling black out shades for E's new room. Does anyone have any that they particularly love or hate? The windows are old and only 28 inches wide on the inside. We'll probably augment with blinds and drapes, whatever it takes to be really, really dark... but good shades are a good start!
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Shoot, I was hoping you were posting to say, "Hey, these are great! Buy them!" I'm still looking, too . . . .
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Right?!?

I'll put it out there, if you're looking for something to block a tiny bit of light and block your neighbors view.. and you're not artistically or physically inclined at all, Redi-Shades are great. They're paper and they stick up and are easily removed. You buy a certain length and cut them to fit you're window. If you have a window you need a little privacy behind but love the light, or are searching for something temporary until you can get something else.. these are great.. But they do NOT block the light! ;)
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    im2tsim2ts Posts: 76
    edited November -1
    I use cardboard box covered in tinfoil. It may not be pretty but it is dark and no light comes in. I sleep during day because of work and have had it up for the last 10 years and haven't fallen down yet.
    38.gif2sgn096spell.gif
    Gabrielle hopeful mommy someday!!!! RIP Donor Embryos
    Going to Prague Czeck Republic for egg donor and sperm donor cycle in Oct.
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Another idea is to find the blinds you like and then attach black out fabric to the back of them. You could use fabric glue.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    We just went ahead & bought the fabric as well to attach. I also bought white Velcro to attach it firmly on the sides & bottom in 3 stops to keep it fully dark. It works great.