Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Convertible Crib to Bed

ZenZen Posts: 2,942
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Shiloh's crib is supposed to be a bed-for-life in that it converts from crib, to toddler bed, to full sized bed. The first conversion was easy. Guys took off the drop side and voilà! Toddler bed! But now I'm thinking that soon it will be time for the next step and I'm a little lost. The directions are in a safe place so I'm sure they'll turn up in time for her to go to college. I tried google and I'm seeing things like rails and kits for $100-$300. Am I missing something? I thought I just bought a mattress and boxspring and her crib turned into a headboard and footboard!
AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png

Comments

• Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    The crib parts are used for the headboard and footboard of the bed, but you do need a frame/rails. Otherwise, the mattress and box spring would not fit since (obviously) they are longer than the crib length. Bed frames are less than $100, though I'm not sure if you need anything special. Are the instructions on the support board under the crib mattress? My cribs had instructions there.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I'll look there tomorrow when Shiloh's not sleeping! I understand that the boxspring sits on a metal frame ... do the crib parts attach to that? And doesn't that frame usually come with the bed?
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The "conversion kit" doesn't usually come with the crib. It is something you have to purchase separately. We didn't buy it for either one of our cribs. Our plan is to buy a metal bed frame and bolt the head board to it. C chewed up his foot board so that won't be going on!
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png