Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Bedroom Suggestions

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Aiden still co-sleeps. I have a crib mattress on the floor next to mine that if I put him on it after he falls asleep he will sleep there for a few hours before climbing in with me. I don't put him in it consistently though. I don't think Aiden will be in his own bed when the new baby comes. It would be nice to have that first few hours in bed with just the baby and I though. So when school starts I will probably try to consistently put him in his own bed to start with.

Here's my debate. I've thought about getting a king sized bed for my bedroom. However, then I have a full sized bed (in guest room) and a queen sized bed that I have to find a place for (the only other bedroom is Aiden's playroom). The guest bedroom and Aiden's playroom are small, and I'd prefer to either eventually put a twin bed into Aiden's room or a bunk bed that's either twin over twin or twin over full.

So on the other hand I've thought about just getting a twin mattress to put by my queen mattress which would eventually have a use in either a twin bed in Aiden's room or a bunk bed. I thought maybe a twin would enable me to lay with him until he falls asleep (he nurses to sleep) instead of moving him. But with a new baby maybe it would be easier to move him and have him start out with us?

Now of course, Aiden's still very small at 34 inches tall and 26 pounds. I could just stick to my queen and the crib mattress.

I'm open to any suggestions other than not nursing him to sleep or making him sleep in his bed full-time.

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Hmmm. I can't tell you what to do with Aiden but here's what works for me. I put Shiloh to bed in her room each night. She still has a toddler bed. A few nights a week I wake up to find her in my bed. Most nights I don't wake up when she comes in though! Here's the thing, she has to go to sleep in her own bed. But she doesn't have to stay there. So if she wakes up and needs me, there's no problem with her coming in. But there's also no question as to where her own bed is.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited July 2012
    when i brought liam home adri was still in the bed with me.(still is most nights)i have a toddler bed next to my bed for her.she either falls asleep in it or in my bed and if i'm awake enough i will put her in it.sometimes if lee falls asleep 1st i'll put him in the toddler bed and snuggle with adri until she falls asleep or until lee wakes up.i stopped nursing adri not too long after lee was born becuase it was just too much.i wanted to bond with the baby and i found it hard to do that with both of them.i kinda felt claustropobic while nursing both of them while laying down.i did enjoy it at 1st though.

liam started out in his own bed and was seeping through the night early on but all that changed after his 2 month vaccines.i finally got him back to sleeping through the night again then he had his 4 month vaccines.he has yet to sleep through the night since and will only co-sleep :/ i want to get him his own toddler bed.i put him in sissy's bed one night and he almost slept until morning :)
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I never got the point of another bed next to my bed. To me, I want Kate to sleep with me, not near me. So for me if I were to have had a second I would have gotten a king. I say that as opposed to making the queen work because putting my mattress back on the floor for a baby wouldn't be an option at this point so the King would give us more room for barriers around us. I say all this knowing that Kate usually sleeps 10-12 hours in the exact same position though! You could get the twin knowing you will have use for it in the long run and then send the crib mattress to the sitters for the baby's naps (I amlost typed "her". I feel like this is a girl!). Anyway, if your goal is to safely have all 3 of you in one room I would do queen and twin. If it is to have all 3 of you safely in one bed (or if you feel this will likely happen most of the time anyway) I'd get a King. If you do the twin you could get cool sheets or let him pick something to make it special for Aiden.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Why not just get a king size bed and sell the queen. There's no rule that says you have to keep it.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png