Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

i just let her cry it out

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I just let Juliet cry for 24 minutes straight to get her to sleep in her crib. Ugh, it was awful! For the past few weeks she's been waking about 20 minutes after I nurse her to sleep, finding herself in the crib, and screaming until I take her back in my bed. That location is no longer safe since she's scooting backward and rolling all over the place. Plus, she's only sleeping 20-30 minute naps twice a day when she typically sleeps 2-3 hour naps at daycare.

Despite my rationalizing that this is good for her, it still sucks. She fell asleep 45 minutes ago and her breathing is still jerky from crying so hard. :( I wonder what will happen after the next feeding.
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Oh Kari, I am so sorry! I dred the day when that comes and it will be just around the corner. I always wait until I think they are old enough to handle the cry. I have one clingy spoiled little girl. Her room was taken by the twins which is going to make her transition harder. Xander started sleeping in his room at 6 weeks. Xion is five months already. Glad you survived the heartbreak! It is so hard! Hugs to both of you!
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    I know how that is, we had to take Lil D and put him in his crib when he started scooting down on the bed. We found the best way to get him to not wake up shortly after screaming, is to put him down while he's still awake. DW will nurse him, and get him uber tired, but he's still awake when we put him in the crib. That way if he wakes up in the night the last thing he saw was the crib, so he's not unsure or frightened about where he is. I can't remember where, but DW read this and we found it to really help us out with getting him into the crib. Now he goes down no problem... well some nights he does "talk" to the animals in his mobile for about 20-30 minutes, but then he falls asleep.

Good luck!! I know when he cries how much it tears at my heart, so I can imagine how that has to feel for you. :(
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Uggh .... that's my life with my baby boy who hates being "contained" when he's tired. In fact, we went to Sea World on Friday night, and left at 9:00pm. He screamed in the back seat the entire 45 minute drive home. It's heart wrenching and stressful, for sure. The second we got home and I laid him down on his tummy in his bed he was out like a light. And yeah, his breathing was a little gaspy for awhile afterwards.
    If Juliet is not napping well, could she be overtired?
    And as for the nights, could you push your bed up against the wall so that she can still be safe in bed with you?
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    It's hardest on you but try to follow through and hold on for a few days. You said that she's napping 2-3 hours at daycare. So she's used to that routine with them and is secure. She is used to something different with you and protests the change with her cries. It does get easier!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Well, I must like ripping the band-aid off with both hands because I just switched doorknobs in the house so that Justin's play room/bedroom now locks from the outside and put him in it and told him that's where he's napping now. He was once again keeping everyone up by fooling around during naptime, waking Juliet, jumping down onto my bed, yelling, talking to himself, generally refusing to sleep and not allowing anyone else to. It's been an hour, but he's finally stopped crying, I don't hear any more toys being pounded, and I may peek in to see if he's actually asleep and then leave the door open.

Now, maybe after a week of napping in his own room during the day, he can sleep there during the night as well . . . .
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    Ronna71Ronna71 Posts: 144
    edited November -1
    I had a strong willed boy too, so I am feeling your pain. For whatever reason, however, bedtime and naptime never ending up being a problem for us, thank the Lord. Of course, he was my only one for 20 years, when I finally had my daughter last year. :-) I didn't have to stretch my attention to more than one child, so that helped immensely.

I am proud of you for being strong. There comes a time when you just have to draw a line in the sand. It's best done when they are young enough to bend to their parents will. I wish you continued good luck!