Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Child-Care Question

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
So I have a feeling that the plan to have Aiden go to the mom that homeschools her children for childcare 3 times a week is going to fall through. I talked to her today, and she said there's a possibility that they might be moving this fall. I feel that I need someone consistent, and if they don't know know if they are moving by the end of the 1st week of August I'll probably not send him there. I'm actually going to check with his current babysitter now and make sure she's okay with having him 5 days a week if the other arrangement falls through.

If she says that they're not going to move until October or something do you think you'd go through the hassle of sending him to a new place for childcare (he doesn't know the lady or her kids well, but has seen them here and there)? Obviously he'd probably have a hard adjustment at first and then I can see him being sad about not going there anymore due to a move. I'm almost thinking if this is the case (them moving in October or so) then I might as well just have him go back to his current babysitter. What would you do?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I would not send him there if there is any chance it is temporary. Maggie just transitioned from one daycare to another and it has been so hard!! She is an outgoing child who makes friends easily but getting her into the new routine is like pulling teeth. If he is safe, well cared for and you like the daycare provider keep him there.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I agree with the other ladies. I would send him to a daycare that is going to be able to stay to finish the year. He will have a big enough adjustment with the new baby coming so it would be better for him to have that part of his life stay the same and his provider and friends are the same.
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    i probably wouldn't bother with sending him to someone who is going to be moving in october anyway. it will be an adjustment for him for no reason because he'll have to readjust again in october.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You know, around us I sometimes hear of families who pool together to get a teacher/nanny to "homeschool" their kids. Maybe you could find another family who wants to share a person with you? (Also, as I say that, maybe this could be a career path for you? If you taught kids in your home, not daycare but real teaching, you might make enough to live on and stay home?)
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I definitely wouldn't disrupt his schedule any more than you have to, especially with a new baby. Justin really thrived on consistency once the baby came and had no issue continuing daycare 5x a week because that was "normal" to him while home life was a new situation, adjusting to the new baby. So I'd keep as much as possible normal for him and keep him with the same sitter.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png