Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Bunk Bed Question

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I have the chance at buying bunk beds used for a good price (not the mattresses just the frame). I have some questions about bunk beds. It will be several years before I'll let Aiden sleep on a top bunk bed, so for now I'd set them up as twin beds. But in the future if the next baby's the same gender I may set them up as bunk beds.

They lady said the beds are stackable, but she's checking to see if she has the stacking supplies. Is it easy to get replacement stacking supplies for bunk beds that are 7 years old or is it not possible or expensive?

She said the beds are scratched up from her boys (not sure how bad). Is there a way to remove the scratches from the bed? How do I do this? Is it expensive to do this? Sorry, this question is coming from a person who has absolutely no fixing it up knowledge. :)

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We bought a convertible crib less than two years ago. Now the conversion parts are discontinued.

I wouldn't trust anything but original parts and they'll probably be hard to find.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    idk but i have found some new from walmart.com for under $200
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited July 2012
    We have had several sets of bunk beds over the years...in my lowly opinion I would pass on used bunk beds. I am a worrier I will admit but they make me nervous and want to be 100% sure things are secure and to me with bunk beds that old I wouldn't be. The idea to use them as two twin beds is great. We have done that here as the kids got older...but put regular mattresses on them as bunk bed mattresses don't give enough support for bigger kids. If you are into sanding down the old beds and repainting or refinishing the beds certainly you can get rid of those scratches. If you have a lot of zip right now it is certainly doable but it is a lot of work!
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I have been thinking about getting a bunk bed for maggie's room, I would only buy new for all the same reasons listed above.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    If they are metal tube, I'd pass, if they are wood I would take them, because wood overall (solid wood) is sturdier, lasts onger, and can be buffed and re-finished, plus mounted better.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I'd pass for now. Even though you don't plan on putting him in the top bunk, kids have minds of their own. And thinking back to my own childhood ... well ... we did not have them. But two sets of cousins did. We had the greatest fun jumping off the top bunk onto a pile of pillows. And if I have anything to say about it, Shiloh will not have access to this fun for a lonnnnnnnnnng time!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png