Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Sesame Place

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Talk to me about Sesame Place. Good? Bad? Worthwhile? Pros? Cons? Money surprises? Places to stay? Food? Good for an almost 2yo?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    charcoaleyescharcoaleyes Posts: 864
    edited November -1
    I don't know these answers, but I want to go. I wanted to go before we had kids, though.
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have info for you but I am looking forward to the replies. I want to take the boys there.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    I just Googled the place because I didn't even know it existed, let alone in our home state! Holden is obsessed with Elmo, so I'm also looking forward to the replies. :)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    pbpb Posts: 83
    edited November -1
    It is a small park but clean and cute. It has a lot of water activities (rides) Beckham loves it there but he also loves Disney and our local theme parks, so I'm not sure he is the best gage. There is a Sheraton right across the street that is pretty nice-that's where we stay. They have this rainy day refund that is pretty cool-if it rains for a certain amount of time the day of your visit they give you free passes for another day ( they have to be used within the year, I think). The food was OK. It was just theme park junk. The Sheraton has a nice brunch and the room service is good. If I'm remembering correctly, there are tons of places to eat right near the hotel/park. I cannot remember anything being too expensive or surprising. Our friends went with us when Beckham was a baby and they got into the park for free because her husband was in the military. We also went in October for a Halloween thing they have and it is really cute and very appropriate for little kids. Have a great time
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Totally worth the money. No cons that I can think of - oh wait, the food - yuck, complete crap. But not anything shocking for an amusement park either! Most nearby hotels have a shuttle and this is key. We stayed at the Marriott - nothing fancy for sure but it was fine and had a shuttle to the park. The shuttles run requently, are easy to catch and save a fortune on parking. If your kids aren't terrified of the characters (like mine STILL is) the character meals are cool. Again, not for the food though! It is a water park so go in suits and water shoes.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    DuckDuck Posts: 314
    edited November -1
    We're pretty excited Sesame Place is only about 1/2 hour from our house. My sister and brother-in-law took my niece and nephew all the time when they were young enough to enjoy it (season passes were worthwhile). They especially enjoyed the water park.
    Zack and Emily

Qchkm4.png

nQy3m4.png
  • Options
    lolabellolabel Posts: 99
    edited July 2012
    Sesame Place is terrific and worth the money, partly because you'll probably enjoy it as much as the kids. Great shows, fun rides, including the water park bit, good ice cream, the meet and greets with the characters are very nice, and the whole place is a good size for a one day outing. My mother and I took my daughter a couple of years ago, and all three of us enjoyed ourselves, and my daughter's going again with her daycare in a couple weeks and is incredibly excited to be going back.
    Mother to a 4 year old who has changed my whole world for the better!