Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Shampoos, Soap and Toothpaste

WillsmomWillsmom Posts: 40
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I know this has been discussed many times before. You guys educated me on the proper sunscreen earlier in the summer, now what shampoo, soap and toothpaste should we be using for the kids? The boys are 5 and 7.

I don't know if anyone ever uses www.vita cost.com but they have great prices for lots of natural products, free shipping and you can sign up and they will deliver items you use on a recurring basis, like toilet paper, laundry detergent etc. on a monthly basis.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    For shampoos and conditioner we use mostly California Baby. A couple other we use sometimes are Burt's Bees and a new one called Sprouts Organic (amazing conditioner). The biggest downsides with most of the "cleaner" shampoos is they take a lot of work to rinse especially with long, thick hair. You should good to go with boys tho :). We also use that for body wash or Toms bar soap or goats milk bar soap. We also use Tom's toothpaste and I use the mouthwash.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Bronx uses Earths Best or California Baby shampoo and lotion. Ali and I used Organix for a while and it worked great but I just switched to Shea Moisture and it is fabulous, but like Shanny said, it takes a few more minutes to rinse out than regular chemical shampoos do. We use Toms of Maine soap, the lavender scent is really nice, but a friend of mine just started making organic soaps because her son is allergic to everything, literally everything. Anyway she sells it on Etsy.com so I will try hers out when we run out of Toms. We use Arm & Hammer toothpaste right now but I plan to switch to Toms of Maine when I run out. For laundry detergent I switch back in forth from Seventh Generation, All Free and Clear, and Arm & Hammer. For dishwashing liquid (for dishwasher and the kitchen sink) I use the Method brand, or Seventh Generation. For hand soaps for the bathroom and kitchen sink I use the Method brand also. I now catch myself freaking out about going out in public or to a friends house and having to wash my hands with their soaps...ughhh. I have turned into a freak.
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    I LOVE vitacost, but I don't use the recurring ship - I just order massive quantities of everything and re-order when I start to run out. We don't use shampoo - DH and I both wash our hair with castille soap, either Dr. Bronner's or Dr. Woods, whatever we happen to have on hand. I usually have either Nature's Gate or Desert Essence conditioner on hand, but I've bought other brands through vitacost when they're on a good sale - I've worked at an organic co-op and also in the vitamin/body department of Whole Foods, so I'm pretty familiar with what brands I like and what brands I don't. I also really like the Everyday Shea line for kids and adults, and it's pretty affordable.

I make my own laundry soap and we wash our dishes with baking soda, vinegar, and castille soap.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!