Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Travel Toys For Car

roses25roses25 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Aiden has gotten bored of the toys I have in the car for him. So I need to find him some new ones. He has hot wheel cars, trucks books, leap frog books and reader, etc. but is no longer satisifed with a single one of those toys. What does your 3 year old like to play with in the car?

Carolyn
EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
schm94df60emqyke.png
lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    InnoTab - it is a touchpad (think Ipad) for kids made by Vtech - catwm84 turned me onto it for Maggie. You can store videos on it,, pictures, games, etc. We love it! Maggie got it right before she turned 2 and she can use all the features on it with ease. I love long car rides and Maggie is learning to enjoy them too this helps keep her entertained.

I am not big on her watching tv or playing video games so this is the exception to those things.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    cptncrbcptncrb Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    My son uses the IPAD, I have it loaded with movies and kids apps and he loves it.
    Cina, Kim, Mark & Jackson
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    at 3 we started playing "I spy" in the car :) or us task him with finding a yellow car, or a motorcycle, or palm tree :)

we don't really have toys in the car unless we're going on a long car ride (3+ hours)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Shiloh's Leap Frog Scribble & Write was a long time favorite. Other toys are hit and miss at random. Stuffed animals, Little People, hot wheels, guitar, action figures, books, any piece of paper (lol). Things go out to the car and stay for however long they hold her interest, then come back in the house.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    With 3 of them crammed back there we don't do car toys anymore. They entertain (yeah right) each other. Even when it is just Kate and I, this has made me realize she doesn't need to be entertained 24/7 by anything other than her own thoughts. The occassional exception is library books they just took out.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    At 2 we are with Shanny on this, no need for entertainment....we "sing" to her music...mostly anything Laurie Berkner...but our rides are never longer than 30 minutes. Occassionally, she will grab a toy as we're headed out the door and its almost always one of those magna doodle toys which is her fave at the moment.
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited July 2012
    They have a few of those toys in the car. I don't really care to much to entertain them because they will argue over who has what toy & God forbid a toy drops which I refuse to get. I don't mind them bringing some though. I don't keep them in the car but they often carry what's in their hand.
    I also don't see the need for anything fanicer then a book, toy car ect. Except if it was a VERY long trip I may let them play a game on my phone. We play I-spy a ton! We race cars well Z thinks so & it's only ever with the car behind me. When R is bigger I may get the lap trays for art stuff. Other then that they can be creative & have fun.
    If they whine I just blast - You can't always get what you want. Yep preset to # 57.