Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

How to make muffins (before kids & after)

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
How to make muffins before having kids:

Gather ingredients, mix, bake, cool, eat.

How to make muffins after having kids:

Mix dry ingredients the night before in case the morning is hectic.
Next morning, hand baby a toy and then mix wet ingredients. Wipe up egg spill on floor with lysol wipes before baby drops toy in it.
Add dry ingredients and stir. Hand baby a new toy. Give preschooler juice. Remove preschooler's paci since he's still contagious to baby.

Spray muffin tins and use ice cream scoop to spoon mix into muffin tins. Argue with preschooler that you are using the scoop right now. Place dishes in sink, and muffins in oven. Put baby in the walker. Set timer for 15 minutes. Dash into shower.
Be interrupted in shower by baby who clearly smells like a poopy diaper for the first time in five days. Dry off. Change baby. Realize this is a blow-out that requires a bath before re-diapering.

Check muffins. Reset timer for 3 minutes. Put baby in bath and let her soak. Pull her out onto towel when timer goes off. Reset timer for 2 more minutes and put baby back in bath tub for a scrub-down. Remove baby and leave her wet on towel. Check muffins and remove from oven. Set timer for 5 minutes to let them cool.

Diaper and dress baby/rolling octopus while explaining to preschooler that you will set up the tent in a few minutes. Listen to preschooler cry and refuse to get dressed. Remove muffins from tin before they stick. Negotiate with preschooler that you will assemble tent after he's dressed. Dress preschooler, set up tent, get two muffins and put them on a plate. Get crying baby, nursing pillow, and burp cloth. Move to couch, set up baby, bite into muffin. Eat three because you feel you've earned them. Delicious!
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    I'm impressed! I would have burnt the muffins and forgot to rinse soap out of baby's hair!
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Yeah, when it was just Justin I recall pulling out a box mix for brownies and leaving it on the counter for a week before I got around to actually making it. I'm more adventuresome now, but there are definitely some disasters. When I turned on the oven there was a nasty smell, which I finally realized was from yesterday's pot roast boiling over in the oven. Maybe next week I'll get around to cleaning it.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Yes I am too impressed! I would have concluded a nutri grain bar would do the trick. You are good!
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • Options
    babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    LMAO! you are sooooo right! MS. KATE needs to read this! this is EXACTLY what i was telling her about in her post about life after baby. things speed up and slow down at the same time. there is more to do and yet you can't get anything done as quickly because everything is so. much. harder.
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    You are brave. And I would have totally burned the muffins :)

This, in a nutshell, and very laymen's terms is why I am one and done. As soon as everything got "easy" it was time to think about having another. Then my bosses had another. I hadn't carried a diaper bag for almost a year when L was born. Everyone was potty trained, speaking in full sentences and all of the sudden I was leaving the house with a small army again!

I admire those who do this, that their desire for a sibling for their child pushes them past the first couple of years. I just couldn't do it. We made banana bread tonight. From scratch. And by we I mean she did 1/2 the work.

Hats off to you and I hope you enjoyed the muffins as you definitely deserved them!
    image_zps64579b54.png