Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

say what?

ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I remember quite a few of these posts when many of our kids were toddlers but at almost 4 Kate still has a few words that she doesn't say correctly most of the time. I don't correct her but sometimes she does say it right and I find I'm a little sad that she may have outgrown them.

Night woise - white noise
Kerpunzel - Rapunzel
Cabloon - Balloon

A just has one left - reformance for performance. When she recently had a reformance at summer camp it made me smile all week long as she talked about it.

Anyone else have some that are just too cute to correct?
image_zps64579b54.png

Comments

• Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Justin has always called his paci his "haci." I've corrected him time and time again, but to him, it will always be "my haci."

For about the past two months when he wants to describe something he doesn't have patience to describe, he calls it his "quickie-wonky-woo." That describes everything from a game he made up to how he twists his swing on the swing set.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    Ah, I love these posts! These are the current ones at our house:
    Dubloon for balloon
    Orport for airport
    This morning he called Hunter-Jumper (olympics) humper jumper. We corrected that!
  • Options
    tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Laney isnt saying too much but I could hear her sing the Blues Clues song all day. She says Boo Coo & at the part where he sits in the chair and sings Think, Think, Think...she says Tink Tink Tink. I also love her Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.....she sings Tink, Tink Lil Sar.
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    alligator = agillator
    polka dots = opa dots
    Lilianna = yaya (still...., since she was one!)
    penis and peanuts are the same (hoping she outgrowns that one quickly)
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    Some of these are just one child, some are all three:

chinnasticks - gymnastics
    pasketti - spaghetti
    gabrewwa - umbrella

they also say "anything" for "nothing" - for example, I will say "What is in your hand?" and they'll say "anything!"
    and "not anybody" for "nobody" - for example: Not anybody wants to play with me!

and they've corrected this one, but I really loved when they said pollipop (lollipop)
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My nephew called marshmallows marshello.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    opalate = oh, too late (in a song)
    mulderry = mulberry
    Uncle Wob = Unlce Rob
    Me-moshy = Aunt Marcia
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    KatydidKatydid Posts: 515 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My six year old still calls a frisbee a rice krispie. He even shortens it to krispie sometimes. Two times recently he told me he had a whack in his ear. It took me a while to figure out that when I clean his ears I make a big deal about all the "wax," but once in a while he finds a little piece of wax which he thinks is a "whack" (singular for wax).
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Maggie hasn't figured out how to say the sp- sound, so spider = fider - which is the big one right now because spiders are everywhere in the summer. But the sp- sound applies to all sp-words.

She still calls her sippy cup a Bobby - lengthened it from Baba - shortened from Bottle :)

She has pretty awesome articulation for her age.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    tc44latc44la Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter still says copping shart for shopping cart, which is one of our favs. She also says sgahbetti for spaghetti. She used to say peba for pizza, pinkin for penguin, cado for avocado and I know there were others, but that is all I can think of now.

It is so sad when they start saying things correctly.
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    E calls milk "nap", cookie monster is "tookie monter", when she's nursing and wants to switch sides she says "ah... see.. si?" all drawn out and adorable. She still says "boo" for poop, although every so often she will say poop and then we both just want to cry. She calls her favorite Aunt "Haggy" for absolutely no reason whatsoever (thank goodness her Auntie thinks it's wonderful).
    "tookie monter" is her "boo boo buh-ee" (boo boo buddy ice pack) and this weekend we were at Sesame Place and she just missed getting to have her picture taken with him. He was walking away just past her and she erupted into hysterical crying and just kept saying "bye bye, boo boo buh-ee!" Poor pitiful thing! It took us three more tries before we finally got a picture with him. (and I swear by then she had decided that the count was her new favorite)
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    adri:"ya wanna see some of my gynastic skittles(skills)"

tooth- is toose
    bath-is bass
    umbrella- is rainbrella
    popcorn chicken- is chicken pox
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Back-Youm for Vacuum

Me-mote for Remote ( last night she said "I need me- mote" we asked her what for, Elmo of course).

Wee-sh for Fish
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    One of mine uses "tamote" for remote.

Also, they all say "Night night, don't let the bug bites bite!"

ETA: cashcan = trash can (I wish!!!)
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tonight mine asked for their favorite dinner, Bash hounds and dot hogs = hash browns and hot dogs
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    This is such a fun post to read!! :) when my foster brothers were little, one always said "haggamer" for hamburger and they both said, "stop the brakes!" when we were driving somewhere. When my older brother was little, my family had gone to a friend's home for dinner and had potatoes with poor man's gravy (white gravy). A few days later, he asked my mom to make those potatoes with that "old Father's gravy" on them! :)

Can't wait to have my actual own to add to one of these threads! Keep the cute words/sayings coming!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ty always says "I WUB you" for I love you :)
    Dot Dog = Hot Dog
    Melmo = Elmo
    WO-bot = Robot

I wish he still said some of these , they grow too fast :(
  • Options
    cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    These are so cute, I can't wait for Bronx to do this! He is starting to try words right now. He says a few like, bye bye, baby, momma, meemy (mommy), sigh (outside), he calls every dog he sees Jeet-Jeet(Jeter, our dogs name), Pop Pop is for his Pop, he can't say Lolli- which is Ali's mom so he just sticks his tongue in and out and makes the luh-ler-luh-ler sound. My mom is yaya and he says that the best, and my sister is BB (her name's Brooke) he says BB and baby just the same. He is getting so big. I think might be speaking in complete sentences before he is walking, lol.
  • Options
    em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    My 4.5 year old says "Copcorn" for Popcorn and until recently- babysuit instead of bathing suit.
  • Options
    smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited August 2012
    Right now Ray's super cute mixed up word is "Cupers" (cue-pers) for Cucumbers. And the boy loves his cucumbers and stalks our garden for ones big enough to pick and eat!

I also love the way he talks about our cats. The cats aren't just "Echo" or "Zoolander"... they are The Cat the Echo and The Cat the Zoolander.

And instead of saying he is hungry, he says he "needs something for to eat"

But sometimes it is cute when he says something spot on in his little kid voice. The one that seems to amuse everyone right now is when he will tell you that our dog Vixen is a "Pomeranian"

I was very sad the other day when reading him "Goodnight Moon". This was a bedtime routine for us when he was younger and he would always meow for the "two kittens" and he always though the mouse looked like our Chihuahua and he would say "wa-wa". Well, I kinda got Goodnight Mooned out and havent had the book out in about a year. When reading it I was trying to get him say the cute things he said a year ago and he kept correcting me. "Ray, does that look like Chi Chi... the wa wa?" "NO mommy! That is a MOUSE!" Awww... where did my little boy go?
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While driving down the road this afternoon with my 3 year old granddaughter she saw a sign with a bumble bee on it and called it a bumble baby. Crocadolly is a crocodile
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    Shawna1941Shawna1941 Posts: 536
    edited November -1
    My son is 8 and still calls Top Romen-Top robin and s'mores- snores. I think it's just TOO cute to correct :)
    Born January 30th, 2012 6lbs 15.5 oz 20 1/2 inches
    E5x6m8.png
  • Options
    LindsayLindsay Posts: 201
    edited November -1
    Lily is going to be 5 in a few weeks and her speech is really becoming clear and wide-open..I will miss this so much:))Here are some of hers..

Frankinnails...The first time I painted her nails(about 3) she kept saying "wook my frankinnails" fingernails:)

Beeve..Bath

Nudes..Noodles

Wally...Lily

Tasa...Cassie(she loves the Good witch movies)

Loved reading everyone else's...So cute:))
    Lindsay xx
  • Options
    KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    My sister pointed out today that Justin is always messing up her husband's name. It used to be "Unka Teeth" but now it's "Uncle Keef" (Keith) and his cousin Tyler was "tire" for a long time!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kari's post just reminded me of what my son called his dad's good friend when he was 2-3 yrs old. He called him "Urkle Plate" (uncle Clay). It always made me think of Steve Urkle lol.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Ever since I posted this (and partially because we were on vacation last week and I had much more one on one time with her) I have heard several others I either hadn't noticed before or forgotten about. My all time favorite is crotchroach. She still says lay-yo for yellow. We were at my Dad's last week and she called his shop (where he does wood work) his shopper. She also renamed his horses Ira and Shyan many things over the course of 5 days, Shina and Ry-an, Ryna etc etc. By the end of the week the adults were having a hard time remembering the horses names.

I've got to go find that note book I used to keep, it has been far too long since I have written some of these down!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    leahleah Posts: 228
    edited November -1
    My 3yo niece who I just took to Disneyland while she was visiting this summer calls Rapunzel, Rapuznel. It's the cutest thing! I asked my brother to stop correcting her and now we all started saying Rapuznel. :D
    d5bbb078-585d-43c0-91b2-f2c2a9235078_zps6a880375.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    She is Sapunzel over here. :)

Also, my son says "zizzors" for scissors.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bike is a bike but a motorcycle is a bicycle.
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    Evan kept asking me yesterday about a brown recluse bite I had as a child and if I was "under amnesia" at the emergency room (anesthesia).