Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

81MG Aspirin??

LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
edited August 2012 in Trying to Conceive
So last cycle I took 81mg aspirin and when I went in on CD11. my lining was only at a 6-7. My follies were: 1 measuring 17, 1 measuring 20, a couple at 15 and 1 at 10

This cycle I decided not to take the 81mg aspirin. DW asked me if I was taking it and told her no and why. So we are wanting to do some research to see if I should start taking it now. Today is CD 4. I go in on CD 12 for ultrasound.

The month we got our BFP last year, I didn't take any aspirin and on CD 12 my lining was at a 8. And my dominant follie was at 18 with a runner up at 15 i think.

What do you all think? Take it or not??
July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
aW7Dm4.png

Comments

• Options
    LucyGooseyLucyGoosey Posts: 320
    edited November -1
    I don't think it really makes a difference. My last cycle I took baby aspirin and I had my worst lining to date. I know it works for some people, but it didn't help me at all. My RE has advised me to stop with clomid cycles because each cycle my lining has gotten worse, If I try again with oral meds he'll prescribe Femera. Although I've also found that cycles where I've worked out consistently my lining and follicles have been better (I don't know if that is coincidence or if it's related).

Has your RE suggested other medication?
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    The cycles I took it, my periods were much lighter with no clotting. The first IUI cycle taking it, my lining was a 7, which is the bare minimum. My follie however, was almost ready for trigger on cd 11.

The third cycle, my second bfp cycle, I started out the cycle taking it, so cd 1-6 or so, then started thinking about my lining and my lighter AF's when on it so I stopped taking it. At my first ultrasound on cd 10, my follies looked great. No word on the lining. I went back 48 hours later, fully expecting to trigger that day but my follies hadn't grown at all from before!! I was desperate and then I remembered that baby aspirin was also thought to help with oxygen and bloodflow to the ovaries, thus helping ovulation so in desperation I started taking it again that night. 3 days later, my follies had jumped to life and I was ready to trigger! My lining was a beautiful 10+.

I took it for the first 10 weeks.

That's my experience with it... it may very well have all been coincidental, but for me, I feel it helped me get my sweet baby boy! :)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    saraleesaralee Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    I've always read that the baby aspirin increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries not that it necessarily impacts the lining. A Rx estrogen supplement would aid in thickening the lining.

I've been taking baby aspirin daily since September 2011. It will be interesting to see what type of impact, if any, that has on my lining as well as ovulation. I'm now reading that daily baby aspirin can actually prevent ovulation so that has me a little concerned. I should have asked my RE's input on this but I haven't so far.
    Baby boy joined us April 11, 2013, and we are so in *LOVE*!
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    Baby aspirin is prescribed to assist with blood flow and as a precaution to prevent blood clots. I do not think it is affecting your lining.

Are you on clomid? That has been shown to thin the lining. Talk to your RE about an estrogen supplement to boost your lining.

Good luck!!
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I talked to our RE. She said there is no real proof that baby aspirin helps. She is on clomid and they do have her use progesterone suppositories starting the day after IUI. They also check her prog level on cd21 and this last cycle it was 22. So she said everything is fine. We go on the 14th for cd12 scan to ck number and size of follies and she will measure lining then.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    There are only so many cycles you should use clomid because it can continue to negatively affect the lining. How many cycles have you done on clomid?

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We were on a break for almost a year so no clomid for almost a year until last month. This month is our second cycle using clomid in almost a year. Before that we did 2 back to back cycles on clomid, got pregnant the second cycle then had the mc and took a 3 month break and then did 2 more back to back cycles with the clomid, then took an 8 month break.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    When I was TTC my first. My fertility doctor told me to take baby aspirin because my lining was too thin from Clomid. I think what helped my lining though was switching to Femara.
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13