Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Something we did right!

K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Every so often you get confirmation that you're doing it right. Tonight's melted my heart!
E really is the sweetest love ever. I gave her two graham crackers ("gain cacker")... She climbed up in her chair, picked up one and said "one mommy.. One Eh-ta". And then gave me one of her crackers. Every cracker I have her, she gave me half.
As we approach her second birthday, there are many trying days (like today, 12 hrs, no nap), but every so often you get such a sweet moment.

What are your moments where you know you're doing it right?
GOzIm4.png
hAO7m4.png
CmQMm4.png

Comments

• Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    Our son will spontaneously and sincerely thank us for the cutest things:turning his car seat around, letting him eat dinner in the den once in a blue moon, getting to watch a movie or pick something out at a yard sale... It makes me melt.
  • Options
    cptncrbcptncrb Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    I had a moment like that today too. I was sitting on the couch and M came over and hugged me and said Mama I love you... He's a love bug.
    Cina, Kim, Mark & Jackson
  • Options
    michgirlmichgirl Posts: 406 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My back was out yesterday and I laid on the couch most of the day. Throughout the day the boys would suddenly stop playing and come over and rub my back, kiss my boo boos, sing me a song, or cover me up. It was so sweet! :)
    f1xTJgw.jpgf1xTm5.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Michgirl - SO sorry about your back - that is the worst. Hope you are doing better today.

Most of my "moments" also come from the I LOVE YOU's, good manners or behavior. But yesterday we had a really big girl moment that made me super proud (and feel like I've done something right!). We are visiting my Dad and always go to the little public pool of this small Virginia town. For the last 3 summers people have been ooohing and aaahing over her swimming and jumping off the diving board. Yesterday there was a group of kids, probably all between 7-12 years old taking turns on the diving board. Kate got right in with them, took her turn (doing flips!), and even started the trend of everyone waiting their turn by sitting on the nearby bleachers. She was just so confident and friendly, it made me so proud!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    When she says "bless you" anytime anyone sneezes (..... or coughs :/ ).
    When she runs to comfort her crying brother and gently rubs his head while saying, "What's wrong buddy? You ok buddy? Don't cry buddy, Mama's right here".
    And when she cleans up all by herself, without being asked. :D
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    These are awesome! H has started saying "please" (actually sounds closer to "paht") when he wants something or needs help with something. We are on vacation right now, and he was sitting on the floor of our condo yesterday afternoon saying "paht! paht!" until we realized he was asking for help with building his Legos. SO sweet. He's also getting good at completing tasks. This morning, he took one of shirts from a pile on a futon and was carrying it around the condo; when I said, "Honey, please put your shirt back where it goes," he walked all the way into the other room and put it where he found it! I love it! :)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Sebastian says please (peas) and thank you (tank uuuu) lots rights now...we love hearing both! He even uses the sweetest tone specifically for those words...like a gentle, softer tone. He also kisses a lot right now. His buddy (our best friends son) who is 4 has a bit of difficulty with fits/tantrums at times and when he is upset Seb will go to him and give him a hug and kiss...absolutely freakin adorable! :-)

We just love to see things that show his caring nature and to know we've done alright trying to teach him good manners and how to be kind with others most always.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    babymakes3babymakes3 Posts: 433 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My son sat and read for 1.5 hours. 158 pages of Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Sp proud. such a proud moment
    connonandray.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    My youngest just turned 7. Sometimes he will just stop what he is doing, come over and give me a kiss and say I love you mom! That's the best when you don't ask for it!