Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

What a cool idea - preschool busy bags

KariKari Posts: 1,765
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Maybe I'm the last one on the boat, but I'd never heard of busy bags before yesterday when a friend supplied this link on FB: http://www.walkingbytheway.com/blog/ultimate-guide-preschool-busy-bags/

They're ziploc bags of educational games you create - small enough to store on a high shelf and pull out when you have a doctor's appointment, are going out to eat, or just need something for those "I'm so bored!" afternoons.

That blog site links to tons of ideas. I'm making a list already. My favorites so far are getting paint chips at the hardware store and colored paper clips and having kids match them up or use fine motor skills to clip the paper clips onto the paint chips; and putting alphabet magnets on construction paper out in the sun to bleach the paper so Justin can match up the letters to the bleached letters on the paper.

And they suggest to have a "busy bags party," which is kind of like a cookie swap only you meet up and swap bags so each mom is making several bags of just one activity, but you go home with several different activity bags.
100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
r9vOm4.png
Ri4Gm4.png

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Very cool - I found a lot of these on pinterest.com :)
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Yes, loved this idea and Anna and I have already been thinking ahead to what bags we are going to make for Liv. I'm wanting something for when the baby comes and I am breastfeeding. I thought having a bag of something new would keep her interest.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I did something similar when I had 5 small children at once. It was a life saver. They only got the bags in the car when we were heading out of town and everything had be put back at the end of the trip...so things stayed new and fresh for them. I would add little goodies occassionally...and non perishable snack items too (which I would pre-open before we took off) ...Another thing I did..we had a BIG problem with interuptions and being loud when I was on the phone. I got so tired of every phone call having a battle so I got a tub and filled it the same way I did the bags...little surprise toys and activities and I would get the tub down if I was being interupted to distract the kids...you know it worked remarably well because everyone wanted to see what was in the tub!