Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

First Betas...

Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hello... it feels so good to finally be on this side!

Our first beta is 149, Progesterone is 46.4, and estrogen is 752 on 14 dpiui. I did so much research up to the point of getting pregnant that I have no idea what these numbers should be. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    IDK, but numbers are good to have in general (means you're pregnant!!!) Welcome to this side!
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    There is a HUGE range of acceptable numbers. Yours are perfect. :) Congratulations!
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    It's the doubling that matters way more than the first number, but here's a link I like a LOT:

http://www.squidoo.com/16dpo

If your number doubles normally, you will be in the range of 96% to ALL of the participants keeping the pregnancy to term, so your number pretty much rocks as a starting point.
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Your numbers are perfect! The first beta gives you a starting number and confirms you're pregnant. At 149 there's no doubt of that! In the beginning, your betas should double or triple every 2-3 days. So you want your next one to go up up up. And then you live happily ever after!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    SweetbabySweetbaby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    My recent betas
    15dpo - 171
    17dpo - 344
    20dpo - 1732
    Jen I'm not really sure about either but Re says my numbers
    are good & strong.
    1st ultrasound Wed. A bit to early I think but oh well...
    We're Pregnant! & that's what counts! :)
    Congrats again!
    SWEETBABY
    us.jpg

tt1bb251.aspx
    fEKBm6.png
  • Options
    GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    Wow those are nice numbers!
    Betas do vary but the most important number is the second one.
    With this pregnancy I was 45 at 13dpo and 107.2 at 15dpo
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Yes there is a big range of "normal" when looking at the first beta (I think anything about 10 or 15??) but from there what matters is your HCG doubles about every 48 hours.
    Mine were something like 93 @ 13DPO and 190 @ 15DPO, and I've got a large and healthy baby boy growing away in there and coming out in 7 weeks.
    Congratulations!!! :)
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Yes such a wide range of "normal" numbers! That being said, yours sound perfect!

Mine this pregnancy was 121 at 12dpo and 290 something at 14dpo.
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Thank you for all the information! We go tomorrow for 2nd round of betas, so we'll see where we are at then.

Thanks again!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN