Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

How long did your child use the crib mattress?

Klt86Klt86 Posts: 567
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I want to get Mika a naturepedic mattress but I can't decide if it would be better to wait until she's in a twin size bed or get one now. If I waited I'd be getting the wrap for her crib mattress until she moves to a twin bed but if she could get a lot of life out of the crib size mattress id go that route. Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Maggie is 28 months and still on the twin bed (when she isn't co-sleeping) i expect that she will be on the crib mattress for a while and I will just have to buy another for baby #2.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We bought the expensive organic crib mattress and she will have used it for 2 years, switching to a big bed asap.
    In my opinion, children develop so much in the first two-three years that I would focus on having one at the beginning for sure, and then save my pennies to have one later as well, ideally.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    My kids used their crib mattresses for 3 1/2 years.
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    i used the crib mattress for 2.5 years. I figure he'll be in the twin bed for at least 10 years. if you're going to spend the money, I'd do it for twin size!

FWIW, I was in a twin size bed till I moved out when I was 19 LOL
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    MY child??? About 6 or 7 seconds! Actually I think I took a picture of the one nap she ever took on that mattress! Oh well. I just wanted to take a moment to point out that another option might be to get the crib mattress now (they are really great matresses btw) and then go to a full or queen. I'm not sure what number they give but those matresses are made to last for a VERY long time so it would potentially be something that would be worth the extra investment for the larger mattress. Because Kate has always co slept (and probably will for years still) I couldn't ever see her sleeping on anything but a queen. Silly though because she basically doesn't move all night!
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Shiloh is still using hers (crib is now a toddler bed). I'm thinking she'll stay in it until the end of the year!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    Olivia used her crib mattress for a few months if I total them all up. We did the RNP until 5 months then worked to get her to sleep in the crib for months, co- slept for awhile then she used it in her toddler bed from 15 months-18 months. We've since switched her to a twin mattress. I would think towards the next size of mattress that you plan to buy, but that's based on our experience.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • Options
    cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    adri is still in her toddler bed with the same mattress i got her.i want to move her into a twin at 5 and liam into a toddler bed at 2 and he will then use that mattress.i need to get a new one for the baby's crib :)
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png