Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Trying to Conceive Soon

TiffandTayeTiffandTaye Posts: 104 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So, it has been over a year since my last visit and as I talked about then we were in the beginning stages of trying to conceive. But things happened and we adopted my two year old niece due to issues with her teenage mother. One year later she is settling well and we are looking to jump into the trying to conceive as soon as possible.

My issue is that I have a hard time charting my temperature, can't understand this ferning thing (I never notice a difference), and want more information besides just my CM. My question is has anyone ever just went with the flow without the months of learning your cycle? We want to start trying as soon as October and I just starting this month with OPK trying to pinpoint best days to plan for delivery. Do you order for deliver 2-3 days before ovulation predictions? I guess overall I am just at a loss besides wanting a baby. where is the stork when you need it?
#1 10/2012: BFP!
age.png

Comments

• Options
    LoveShackBabyLoveShackBaby Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    When we started ttc 2 years ago, I didn't chart anything. We used OPKs and trusted they were right. As time has went on, I've started temping (for 1.5yrs), checking CM (1yr) and generally thinking more about what my body is feeling. When I get too stressed out about ttc, I try a few months without all the daily checking and trust my gut. :)
    GOOD LUCK!
  • Options
    TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tempted regularly for a year and then only the months I was TTC. I think it's very important to learn your body so you know when you're going to ovulate. Otherwise it could be a waste of an entire month. I've learned my body well enough to know when exactly I'm going to ovulate to the point where I didn't even need to tempt anymore.

One thing I've had difficulty doing is going by my CM. I have very little CM most of the time, so I've had to invest and rely on good ovulation tests. I would definatly buy the good ones and use them since you're not tempting regularly. I think most of us would recommend the Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Tests -- The "Smiley's". You get a smiley face when you're going to ovulate within the next 24-36 hours. No guesswork involved. I personally also think it's important to be in tune with your body. Do you get ovulation cramps? If you do I would suggest making SURE you do your inseminations during your first sign of cramps if not earlier.

Good luck on the baby making!
  • Options
    TiffandTayeTiffandTaye Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. Think I am just too excited to start trying. Did the temping and everything last year when in the process of starting to try but stopped during the adoption process. But, yes I do use the smiles :) OPK and CM checking at the moment. Something about just seeing a smile that hopefully helps my journey...LOL. I also have extreme cramping during ovulation so will be using that as a sign as well. Thanks for advice.
    #1 10/2012: BFP!
    age.png