Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Daddy who?

Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Two days ago:

L: Mama I want blueberries
Me: We don't have any blueberries Baby
L: we go shopping and buy blueberries
Me: ok Sweetie, we'll go shopping this weekewnd and buy some blueberries
L: ............... Daddy go shopping, buy blueberries .... Daddy bluberries
Me: Daddy's going to buy blueberries?
L: yeah
Me: ok

Today (as we're leaving the house):

Me: ok Sweetie open the door, let's go
L: ....... (calling upstairs) come on Daddy, let's go
Me: (.....Daddy who? If there's a man in this house he's hiding very well) ;)

She hasn't actually asked about a Daddy, but she sure is trying to process the daddies she sees at school, and on tv (Caillou, Sesame Street, etc).
IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    Caillou's daddy throws a wrench in our family to, suddenly Maggie has a Rosie and a Gilbert on top of a daddy.

Cute story! Might be time to check the closet - maybe there is a daddy in there. Up here we have spiders called Daddy Long Legs.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    Klt86Klt86 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    I loathe caillou. I have nothing productive to add to the topic lol but man. Caillou is such a whiner!
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    klt - AGREE on Cailou! Kate won't ever be watching that - I want to reach through the TV and....

Anyway, Kate has been doing this for ages. Mostly she tells me things about her "Daddy and her Gramma's house". Funny enough since we just got back from seeing one of her actual Gramma's she has only done this once.

It is really interesting to see the wheels turning in their heads and try and figure out the best way to respond for the next oh say 30 years, until the therapist takes over of course :)
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    melmel Posts: 793
    edited November -1
    I think the most recent Caillou episodes made are less whiny. I really like the show because it is slow paced (as opposed to something like Team Umizoomi, which is VERY LOUD ALL THE TIME LOOK OVER HERE SHINY THINGS WOO WOO!!) and simple. He has a high voice and gets upset sometimes, but those things just seem like typical 4-year-old things. I like how his parents handle things gently and consider everyone's feelings. It could be much worse!

All that said, I did see one episode (after "all new" ones were advertised, and they just started playing the older ones that hadn't been shown on the network before) in which he was over-the-top whiny.

I think the jokes about Daddy hiding in the closet are funny, because I'm not sure that Daddy coming out of the closet would benefit Shaeley Mae very much! ;)
    Jjr6m5.png
  • Options
    ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Caillou makes appearances on our TV too. I'm okay with this show :) Shiloh talks for her toys while she plays and I tune in and out. Once or twice she's said that Shiloh doesn't have a daddy because he left. That brought me up short. Nobody left her! So I say that families come with all different people and then make a game out of listing hers. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, friends.
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • Options
    friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    I've never seen the show (sounds like a good thing!) LOL but my son also has "daddy" when he plays things. he'll tell me "this is the daddy dinosaur and this is the kid and this is the big kid". I'll ask where the mommy is and he'll say, *shrug* "all families are different"

I did ask him if he was sad because he didn't have a daddy and he said, "yes I do!" what?!? so I said, "you DO?" and he looked at me like I was the crazy one and said, "papa!" which is my dad, his grandfather. I told him that papa was his grandpa and my dad and he said, "well, it's kind of the same." and left it at that LOL
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Options
    Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I think Prarie Dawn is waaaay more whiney than Caillou. Everytime she tries to talk Cookie Monster out of eating his cookie I want to turn the channel. It drives me nuts.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • Options
    sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    Klt86 wrote:
    I loathe caillou. I have nothing productive to add to the topic lol but man. Caillou is such a whiner!

I agree!!! I try to avoid it! I could not stand so many of his shows and the process in some goes with how he get what he wants. My favorite is Sid the science kid. Z seems to learn the most from that. Such a great show!