Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Can't Sleep

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
I can't sleep!! I'm about six and a half weeks along and I've tossed and turned the last few nights. I'm so tired during the day, but at night I can't seem to zonk out. I feel keyed up and can't relax!! Is this normal? How do you guys get to sleep? I need to REST! I've tried taking naps, but even then I can't sleep. Last night I didn't actually fall asleep until past 5:00, only to wake up a few hours later again. What do you recommend?

Comments

• Options
    coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    That happened to me my last pregnancy. It SUCKS. Good news is it only lasted 2-3 weeks I think. Hang in there.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter is having the same problem, her ob told her it is safe for her to take benedryl. Not sure about this early in pregnancy though so maybe call your ob and ask about it.
    I hope you can get some sleep soon.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • Options
    K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Supposedly warm milk has something in it that makes you sleepy. Maybe a turkey sandwich and warm milk before bed?
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well I'm glad to hear this is normal. I would try the milk thing, because I've heard it helps to sleep, but it honestly doesn't sound too appetizing. Well, NOTHING sounds appetizing right now with my all day morning sickness, but I suppose I'm glad for a good symptom. Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep soon!
  • Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I was further along than you are when this happened to me - about 14 weeks. It was awful. I called my Dr. and both (my OB and my family Dr.) told me that the effects of losing so much sleep was worse/more stressful for the baby than taking something small to help me sleep. I was told to take Tylenol PM. It worked immediately and was not habit forming. I took it for about 3 weeks, then I didn't take it one night, when I knew I had no plans the next day. I slept fine that night and haven't taken it since. It was my lifesaver!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    A scoop of peanut butter, helps you sleep. Warm milk is disgusting (to me) that is what my OB's nurse told me to do when I was preggers with Maggie. My sleep was all screwed up during my pregnancy with Maggie.

When I was at the ENT last week he told me not to take Benadryl during my first trimester. To bad I had been taking it because I was told it was safe. I won't be taking it for a while.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I actually slept good last night--as good as sleep I can get considering I have to get up to pee every night! lol. Still exhausted during the day though. Guess that can't be helped!! Peanut butter!! Sounds like a guilty pleasure. I may have to try it!! :)
  • Options
    scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    Ugh, the getting up to pee is annoying. But, I'm getting used to it, it's a lifestyle change! Plus it's good prep for the baby.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    I've heard it is safe to take unisom with B6 to help sleep. But, I wouldn't do that without running it by your doctor first. Hoping you sleepless nights are behind you.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    the active ingredient in unisom is diphenhydramine, which is generic for benedryl. So if unisom is safe then benedryl would be safe too right?
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16