Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Need a new rug

A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
If you have an area rug where did you find it and what is it made of( if you know)? I'm looking for a new area rug. I'm thinking 8x10. For starters I've been looking online. I need to start looking in person to really see color, design, and material. Any recommendations? I know price varies greatly. I'm not sure how much I'm willing to spend. I'm thinking I want something nice, durable, and that can withstand a family :)

I appreciate any suggestions.
th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg

Comments

• Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I love them at Cost Plus World Market...they have all sizes, including ones far bigger than 8x10 and I have purchased several that were very durable and yet soft and attractive looking. I also have found decent ones at Macys Home department. Have fun rug shopping!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Oh and Pier 1...That's where we purchased our last area rug. They can be a little pricey, but it just depends on the size and style.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Nina. I've actually been looking at each of the places you mentioned online. I just want to have a few places in mind since I will probably be shopping with my toddler and she more than likely will not be as interested in rugs as I am :)
  • Options
    Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    What's your decor style and what part of your home are you putting the rug?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ms. Kate-- not sure how to describe the decor, nothing fits a specific style really...but it is for the living room. I've got a darker brown couch and a colorful decorative chair ( purples, greens, browns). I need to tie things together a bit, if this makes sense.
  • Options
    ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got them at lowes they usually have good inventory and good prices. I'm sure home depot would too.
  • Options
    KKF13KKF13 Posts: 269
    edited November -1
    I got mine at Target online and it's been 4 years and it still looks great. Good luck-I enjoy shopping for house items but always have trouble making the final decision!
    tt10f84e.aspx
  • Options
    ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Do you have a Home Goods near you? IKEA? Also, I got one of mine at some cheesy sounding/looking place like "Deep Discount Furniture". I'm sure you get the point, it was just right time right place but I'd really recommend Home Goods if you have one.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    We got ours at Costco. I think it was the Classic Antiquity line? We have two 7'10" x 10'10" rugs they are slightly different patterns but the same color schemes...one in the living room and the other in the dining room. They were fairly inexpensive (maybe ~$200) for the size and quality.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    ttc.jujubeettc.jujubee Posts: 340 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A second vote for Cost Plus or Ikea. We looked for the perfect rug for long time and those seemed like the best places to us for what we wanted. The chemicals in the poly fiber rugs ick me out so I wanted a more natural fiber or fabric. Wool is tough to clean. But I actually found ours at Ross, believe it or not. I wanted a large (6' x 9' or so?) rug that could be washed easily. I found a multicolored rag/tied style cotton rug there for $20! Total score.
  • Options
    PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    Well, I bought a super cheap rug and painted it...so I'm not much help. BUT, it is easy to do. AND you can pick the color/design that you want. :)
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • Options
    ncmomstobencmomstobe Posts: 549
    edited November -1
    If you have a Tuesday Morning, it may have what you need. We got our living room rug there, and it's been great. I believe it's wool.
  • Options
    emandessemandess Posts: 117
    edited November -1
    Marshalls Home Goods has great prices and some pretty big rugs. (Like $99-199)